UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Hybrids in the hobby.

Go down 
+9
h0ngkn0t2
philuponthepho
marauder_77868
Rachael0805
CajunGator
CSnyder00
ricardorocks
alkomist
KMX
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hybrids generally aren't particularly attractive, and only in rare cases (and even then, arguably) are the hybrid offspring worth rearing. In almost all cases, hybrid eggs should be destroyed!

Hybrids are bad. Producing hybrid fish is one of the most thoughtless and harmful things hobbyists can do. Please be carful when breeding. We want to keep breeds strong and good looking! Hyrbrids weakn and damage the fish.... Mentally and physically.

Here is a video of some fry I got from a German red peacock that Terry brought over. She was holding about 30. He told me he had no clue what she breed with so .....This was the right thing to do.

Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Th_SDV_0134
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2010, 10:45 am

Hybrids are not my thing, took me a while to purchase from a couple lfs between tattooed fish, hybrids and such (kind of like the glo fish would like to put some in one of my stained glass tanks with a black light but that's another subject) anyways if not for need of food for the fish, bickerkeets or tarantula they didn't get any other business. Which was fun to have them show me all the cool stuff knowing that it would be something I'd be interested in only to buy the basic essentials and walk out!!

I admit both stores have backed off a lil' on some of the stuff, thus have made some fish purchases in the last few months (some out of need others had to have it!) but it took a long time!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2010, 2:08 pm

I only buy fish from one lfs, the owner is friends with many of the 'fish gods' like Ad Konings and such. He will also tell me if some fish is iffy. I like the fact that they have the common and Latin name written on the tanks.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2010, 2:17 pm

wow not too many lfs have that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2010, 2:27 pm

He knows that I am breeding and loves to tell me all his tricks and advice. Its a great store!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2010, 2:48 pm

koo!!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 10:12 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Light-Cobalt-Blue-African-Cichlids-PICKUP-ONLY-IN-NY_W0QQitemZ120527634389QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c1001bfd5

check this out. i wish people would educate themselves before messing with mother nature. this is just wrong!!!

Last edited by Holey Rock of Texas on 3/31/2010, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 10:18 am

Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 858205
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 11:04 am

Dude should be slapped and banned from Ebay
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 11:12 am

Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 858205

Whole-heartedly!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids in the hobby.   Hybrids in the hobby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hybrids in the hobby.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2