UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

may be out of the hobby.

Go down 
+6
cichlid mania
CSnyder00
CajunGator
KMX
MikeM
ilicurtisili
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

may be out of the hobby. Empty
PostSubject: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 5:53 pm

i have been going threw alot lately.

it started off lossing my apt, job, and almost my gf and kid. due to the guy i worked(my cousin) for not paying me for almost a month. i knew he was going threw alot aswell and he kept saying ill pay you next week. he never paid me and finaly i just told him i quit. he owes me close to $2000. which i will probably never get.
we moved in with my parents after being evicted, in september. our orginal plan was to move in with my parents till tax returns came in. and to pay off our debit, so we could get another apt.
as of right now im still here and jobless.i argue everyday with my mom, cause she is an alcohlic who doesnt see it. she drinks hard liquor every night till she passes out. while shes drunk she fights and argues with everyone in the house. i am the only one who tries to help her. by telling her that she drinks to much and she needs to stop. everyone else is afraid to stand up to her. my gf just lost it yesterday and said she cant take it anymore and is moving in with her dad, because of her.

so now i have lost my gf and my son. i cannot live like this. i need to move out of my parents asap. so hopefully my gf and kid will move back in.

to start i have to pay my debit, so i can get an apt. so basicly i am forced to sell most if not all of my stuff i can live without.tanks, fish, project cars, etc.
i have spent alot of time and money in this addiction and i really dont want to stop, but its for my own good.

i plan on keeping my 75g show tank with my favorite fish. and maybe a 20 long for my fry.
but eveything else will go. eventually when i get back on my feet, i will invest in more

if things dont change very soon, i will be selling 18 tanks,fish, and other things.
Back to top Go down
MikeM
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:06 pm

Real sorry to hear that! I hope it all works out for you. It is a rough time in the job market.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:10 pm

thanks!!!
ya it is.
i could get a job where i use to work(schlotzskys deli) but right now they are very slow and possibly going out of business. so unless somebody quits or they get more business its a no go. also it only pays $7.50 at the most. and that isnt enough to make a living.

im just stuck in a rut in life, and having a hard time getting out. im just digging deeper and deeper.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear boss. If I had my old house you could move in with me but now I dont have any rooms now! If you need anything let me know! You will pull threw. Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you respond to it. Think positive. may be out of the hobby. 690297
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:17 pm

Sorry to hear of your situation. Got to be tough with all of that happening at the same time. Really wish you and your familiy well and that things turn around for you really soon. Like Kory said, stay positive and things will start happening around you...
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:23 pm

I'm pulling for you and I WILL definitely pray for you. Sometimes you hit rough patches. I'm having to go from part time work and part time school to full time work because my wife is hating her job and because we need more money to pay bills.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:27 pm

Sorry to hear things are going so rough for you.
Have you mentioned AA to your mom? It helped me quit a whole lot of bad things that I used to be on. There are meetings every where at any hour drag her to at least one meeting, it will let her know that they exist and what they are about.Here is their website.

Keep your head up and it will get better!
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:30 pm

thanks guys. ill keep everybody posted but as of right now im just going to start selling everthing but my show tank, and a few fish. if everthing gets better, which im sure it will. cant get any worse really. i will just pick up bigger tank with the money that i get. 75 gallon cant hold enough. im 75% sure im keeping my 4 chrismas fulu, 5 white labs, 2 black yellow tail acei,11 petricola,1 rainbow shark, 2 abn, and 6 bn. and maybe my lemon jake trio. but relly thats most of the fish so idk yet.
is that to many fish in a 75 gallon?
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:37 pm

fern i have told her she needs to go before. but she says she can stop drinking by her self. earlier she was bit*hing at my gf and it really mad me mad. so i started arguing with her and i think i finally got to her. she was trying to be all tuff when i was yelling at her. but when she came into my room and seen me in tears she broke down, and started to cry. she said she will stop drinking today. but we will see how that goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 7:00 pm

Look for meetings in your area print them out and tell her to give it a try she has nothing to lose by going.
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 7:32 pm

Sorry about the situation bro.....Let us know if there is anything we can do to help
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 8:06 pm

Sorry that's a hard place to be. But you got to do what got to do. Your young and have a baby so you are doing the right thing. This hobby is not cheap. There will always be another tank and another fish. Good luck I hope things get better. Maybe someone here could help you rehome your fish.

If she wants to get better she can do it. But it can take a year or more. My mom had a drinking problem when I was in high school. It took her a year or so but she has been sober for 14 years now and doing great.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 8:12 pm

thanks guys. i dont think i will have a problem getting rid of anything. i hope
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 9:47 pm

Good luck with everything curtis, I hope everything works out for you!
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 9:54 pm

Everybody pretty much said everything I could think of to say... good luck! Just keep at it and keep fighting and you'll get to where you need to be!
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 10:01 pm

this is the list of stuff i have. i will be selling most if not all of it. i have more aswell. this is just a start....i have not set prices yet but will most likely have a for sale ad tomorrow.

Tanks
4- 55 gallon tanks
7- 10 gallon tanks 2- 20 gallon long
1- 20 gallon long (with drilled hole in the bottom)
3- stacked 75 gallon tanks
1- 75 gallon tank w/ stand, glass lids, light, heater, air pump, hob filter
1- stand that holds two 55s and one 20l or 2 10s
1- stand that hold 6 10s

Breeders
1m 3f christmas fulu 3in male 3in females
1m 2f lemon jake 5in male 3.5 females
1m 2f sunshine peacock 3.5in male 3in females
1m 1f Jacob. Otter point 3.5in male 3in female
1m 1f electric blue iceberg 4.5in male 3.5in female
2m 5f german reds 3.5 males 3in females(going to be sold as 1m 2f and 1m 3f)
3m 2f afra cobue 3in males 2in females

Fish
11 petricola 1.5in 2in
5 white labs 1.5in, 2in, 2.5in
2 black yellow tail acei 3in
4 julidochromis dickfeldi 1.5in, 2in, 2.5in, 3in
1 f1 kilipi frontosa 5in
1 male sp 44 3.5in
13 1in chritmas fulu
50 1/2 Christmas fulu
70 1/2in german reds

Last edited by ilicurtisili on 1/5/2010, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 10:24 pm

That is a lot of stuff!
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 10:31 pm

i still have filters, air pumps, hoods, lights, holey rock, a few small tanks, etc
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 2:25 pm

its 1in per gallon? i have heard that alot but dont know if thats true. should i count the bn plecos aswell if this is true?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 2:51 pm

i dont follow those rules lol
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 2:56 pm

but is that what it is supose to be?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 2:59 pm

i have heard that before but with cichlids you want to over stock.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 2:59 pm

some of my tanks have more and others have less.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 7:55 pm

thats how i have my tanks now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 8:24 am

I would love to give these guys a good home; 1m 3f christmas fulu 3in male 3in females
And when you get settled and start back up the fry are yours may be out of the hobby. 393849
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: may be out of the hobby.   may be out of the hobby. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

may be out of the hobby.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next