UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Why is my blood parrot turning black?

Go down 
+4
alkomist
JACK D
h0ngkn0t2
airball2006
8 posters
AuthorMessage
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Why is my blood parrot turning black? Empty
PostSubject: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 10:32 pm

My blood parrot is turning black. He now has black patches all over his body. The temperature in the aquarium is really cold 70 Degrees and it is in a room that doesn't get too much light.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 10:39 pm

give us a pic and maybe we can figure it out....
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 10:59 pm

I tried uploading a picture. Here is the link. He use to be all red around four weeks ago. Now, he has these black patches on him.

Why is my blood parrot turning black? Img_1511

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/14/88/78/23/img_1511.jpg
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 7:03 am

Warmer water wouldnt hurt. Is his eye cloudy or is that just from the pic???
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 7:16 am

His eyes are not cloudy. I think that must be from the pic. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 8:39 am

as they grow dont they change kolorz??
i know some fish do!!!
fish go through different kolor stages lik fry, juvie, sub adult, and adult!!!
that may be it! but idk much bout bloods!!
although i have seen some with black patches on em! didnt think anything was wrong with em lol
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 9:20 am

I know exactly why he is turning black. It's called black spot disease that only blood parrots can get. The problem that is causing it is BAD water quality. Black spots on blood parrots is the first indication your water is bad. So put him in a tank with good cycled water and itll clear up within 3 days.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 11:30 am

Ammonia burns?!
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 7:46 pm

Do goldfish produce a lot of ammonia? I had originally put 20 small goldfish in the tank for my arowanna to eat and after two weeks, the arowanna ate 14 of them, but 6 were still left. The arowanna died of some black streak along its body. Could the blood parrot have developed these black spots from the ammonia produced by the goldfish?
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 8:00 pm

Yes!!!!!
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 8:51 pm

Removed the goldfishs into a 10 Gallon tank...Changed the water in my 30 Gallon...Hopefully, in a couple of days the parrot will regain its color.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 9:01 pm

Yes goldfish are some of the worst
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/19/2010, 6:50 am

A black streak sounds more like lateral line disease. Never feed store bought feeders, they carry way too many diseases. Buy some liveberers and breed your own feeders.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/19/2010, 8:28 am

that def would be alot better and safer!!!!
i agree with fern!!
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime2/19/2010, 9:47 am

alkomist wrote:
that def would be alot better and safer!!!!
i agree with fern!!
Why is my blood parrot turning black? 858205 that way you know what your feeding and its quarantined to your expectations good luck any new updated pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is my blood parrot turning black?   Why is my blood parrot turning black? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is my blood parrot turning black?
Page 1 of 1