UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...

Go down 
+2
TanyaQ2000
S&FW_FishyFriend
6 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Empty
PostSubject: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:48 am

I couldn't go back to sleep this morning after waking up too early so I put together my newest tank: a 14 gallon Pea Puffer tank! I'm going to get 3-5 of them (they only get up to an inch long) and put them in there.... I am seeding the filter on another tank right now and then I'm going to steal some media from another tank later... I may or may not pick them up today... I'm a puffer nut! Apparently life doesn't want me to post pictures yet... so I will try again later..

While not my pics, Pea (or Dwarf) Puffers look like this:
New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Bhwzo2
New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... 157rzn

Now it will let me add a pic: this is where I am as of right now...
New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... 2r74nf6
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 12:22 pm

hmmmmm......there's something familiar about that aquascape...seems i've seen it before....LOL

looking good.....glad the plants are standing up right LOL

cheers
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 1:22 pm

nice set-up. great choice in fish too.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:20 pm

Got 5 pea puffers today right before work... So counting everything in the 14 gallon tank including fish it cost me $50 to set up... I got the 14 gallon kit on sale for $35 (tank, hood & lights, heater & filter) and the fish for $15. Everything else I had lying around, and yup, Tanya, those are your plants... so far so good! We'll let the puffers put them to the test though...

My puffers are soooo small, I have trouble finding them! I can only locate up to 4 at a time and then I lose sight of one.... they are about 1/2" long and are soooo cute! The scientific name is: Carinotetraodon travancoricus, aka Dwarf or Pea Puffer.... I will take pics as soon as I find a camera that can find them... seriously, they're sooo small!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:31 pm

those are cool. but for some reason i laugh when i look at pictures of them
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:47 pm

Me too! :D They just make me smile... That's why I now have 2 different puffer tanks.... Yay! lol
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 10:18 am

yes Looks good!!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 10:27 am

great job!!! looks nice
pee puffers are awsome! New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... 690297 New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... 67702
just 1 question though..................do fresh water puffers actuallly puff up??
never seen one puff b4
Back to top Go down
ssteelhead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : oscar

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 10:57 am

great job one of the lfs has a porcupine puffer that looks like et lol!

and he has the saddest eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...   New Pea Puffer Tank Setup... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Pea Puffer Tank Setup...
Page 1 of 1