UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

POTM In General???

Go down 
+8
bimmertech
CSnyder00
Holey Rock of Texas
ricardorocks
nitty
ilicurtisili
KMX
CajunGator
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

POTM    In General??? Empty
PostSubject: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 7:33 am

We have had many different fish pictures presented for Picture of the Month by many of the members. I was curious about the way members are choosing the POTM?? Are you choosing it for being unique? special type fish? diffferent pose of the fish? unusual for the hobby? special look in natural setting? etc? Lets have some feedback from the voters of what they are looking for to give the presenters a little insight of their upcoming pictures..

POTM    In General??? 265353 PLEASE VOTE FOR POTM !!!!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 7:43 am

I look for eye candy. Anything that says wow.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 7:47 am

i look for the most unique picture. but i believe most look for the most exspensive fish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 8:02 am

Clarity of focus and uniqueness of the pic in general.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 8:18 am

personality of the fish or invert. color of the coral.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 8:37 am

anything that says tighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht lol!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:13 am

i look for a pic that is of good quality (clear). then the beauty of the fish/ main object and then the surroundings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:26 am

i look for the "wow" factor
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 1:17 pm

I like unique pictures. Pictures that won't probably happen again or a rare fish that you find, or just a rare pose. I think that plus the picture quality equals a nice pic!
Back to top Go down
bimmertech
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
bimmertech

Favorite Fish: : PEACOCKS OF ALL COLORS!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 2:06 pm

I LIKE TO SEE A GOOD NATURAL PIC OF FISH. THE PURENESS OF THE FISH JUST LIKE WHEN A DOG IS ENTERED INTO A DOG SHOW. THEY LOOK FOR THE PURENESS OF THE ANIMAL, PURE BRED TO BE EXACT. THAT TELLS THAT FISH IS OF GOOD QUALITY.
yes
Back to top Go down
ssteelhead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : oscar

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:50 pm

I'm just ecstatic if I can get it in focus and it doesn't swim away b4 I can snap it lol!
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 10:26 pm

tim wrote:
i look for the "wow" factor

POTM    In General??? 858205 I also look for picture quality and clarity. I think its about how cool the picture it, not the quality of the fish in the pic but the quality of the picture itself.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:27 pm

it seems like the more exspensive fish always win.
like i could but a picture of a goldfish standing on its tail doing a hula hoop, and some1 else could post a picture of an exspensive fish. the exspensive fish would get a million votes and mine would get a few. chicken dance
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:31 pm

Unfortunately the more expensive fish are more unique. It sucks that it works that way though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:41 pm

ilicurtisili wrote:
like i could but a picture of a goldfish standing on its tail doing a hula hoop, and some1 else could post a picture of an exspensive fish. the exspensive fish would get a million votes and mine would get a few. chicken dance

i would vote for a goldfish standing on its tail doing the hola lol
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 12:07 am

lol! so would i. but we would be the only 2 funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 12:23 am

personally i think a saltwater fish is gonna win this month
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 1:04 am

tim wrote:

What makes you think that?
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 1:23 pm

I am suprised saltwater dont win more since they have more going on usually. Maybe that shows that alot of people just vote on the quality of the picture and not the fish in general. I think most will agree salt fish are more attractive in general, but maybe fresh just have better personalities? I think fresh are more active making them funner to have and they take pictures better lol!
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/30/2010, 12:19 pm

I look for the best photo quality. I look at them as if I was a photography teacher. If the photo looks like it could be in an add, mag, book, or poster I pick it. I don't care what kind of fish it is.

Not to sound like a jerk but January photos 2,4,5,8,9 were all better then the one that won IMO. I was really shocked that photo won over all the other good well taken photos. Oh well. 4&5 best quality photo. Perfect contrast focused perfect you can see every little dot on the fish good Depth of field. The little crab one would have been great if it was croped so that you eye goes right to the crab. Because I really liked that one too. Just wish the subject was more the focal point.

Have any of you seen the photo of the month contest on MFKF ? Holy cow they are amazing. Not saying we have not had good photos but realy check it out.

Last edited by snowflake311 on 1/30/2010, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/30/2010, 12:22 pm

ilicurtisili wrote:

I agree. What's the deal it's a photo contest not a look at my fish I know you want it contest . POTM    In General??? 858205
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/30/2010, 12:37 pm

Rachael0805 wrote:
tim wrote:

What makes you think that?

since ive been on i dont think a saltwater pic has one. i really thought the puffer was gonna win last month
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/30/2010, 1:32 pm

This is just my personal opinion but we are FISH lovers, not PHOTOGRAPHERS. So, contrast to some of you, i think it is wow i want that fish, thats a good looking fish, I am going to vote for that. To me that is what it should be IMO. We all cant afford SLR's and image processing programs to make our pictures look amazing. I think Rachael and Kory do a great job on picking the top 10, and in all honestly every picture that makes the cut should win without suprise because to me every picture that makes it has great qualities. Some pictures look better then others but it could be because some are using SLR's and others like me are using our phones. This is why i love this forum because we all come together for fish, not to show who has more money. It is great to see how some get excited about a 2 dollar convict and others are excited about the 100 dollar rare fish they just bought. but it is always the same response: Congrats!!! We dont judge here and if we limited the POTM to great quality pictures then to me, we are just like every other forum.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/30/2010, 3:08 pm

You don't need a slr to take a good photo. But thanks you make a good point.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime1/30/2010, 3:11 pm

Quote :
This is just my personal opinion but we are FISH lovers, not PHOTOGRAPHERS. So, contrast to some of you, i think it is wow i want that fish, thats a good looking fish, I am going to vote for that. To me that is what it should be IMO. We all cant afford SLR's and image processing programs to make our pictures look amazing. I think Rachael and Kory do a great job on picking the top 10, and in all honestly every picture that makes the cut should win without suprise because to me every picture that makes it has great qualities. Some pictures look better then others but it could be because some are using SLR's and others like me are using our phones. This is why i love this forum because we all come together for fish, not to show who has more money. It is great to see how some get excited about a 2 dollar convict and others are excited about the 100 dollar rare fish they just bought. but it is always the same response: Congrats!!! We dont judge here and if we limited the POTM to great quality pictures then to me, we are just like every other forum

POTM    In General??? 858205 POTM    In General??? 67702
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTM In General???   POTM    In General??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POTM In General???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next