UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

oscars getting along in tank?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jlewis122899
Private
Private
jlewis122899

Favorite Fish: : all oscars and jacks

oscars getting along in tank? Empty
PostSubject: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 10:26 am

i have a 11" and a 6" albino oscar and red tiger oscar will they fight each other or get along? also do they need a heated tank?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 10:28 am

Wha size tank are they in now. A heater is a nice addition this time of year.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 10:29 am

They shouldnt fight, they are like lazy cows who eat all day and poop all day. And for the heater question, MOS DEF!
Back to top Go down
ssteelhead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : oscar

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 10:46 am

They might get along they might not a lot will depend on their sex.

2 males will almost never get along

a male and a female will get along until spawning time and then the courting ritual can be somewhat brutal

with 2 females they will prolly be happy as cows but in some cases that won't work

so throw them together and watch them to see what they do, if they don't get along you can always put up a divider until you can work out something better.

they may under the best of circumstances nip at each other from time to time they are considered semi-aggressive.

I hope this helps you and if I put anyone to sleep enjoy your nap jk
Back to top Go down
jlewis122899
Private
Private
jlewis122899

PostSubject: oscars fighting   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 11:01 am

my tank is a 55g for now but am in the market for a bigger one. what heat should tank be set at ? should undergravel filter be used and a air stone system also having trouble keeping decor in place with them also they tend to dig holes in gravel what gives with that
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 11:04 am

Temp should be 78-80. You can use undergravel filters if youd like to but a strong canister or HOB works great. And unless the powerheads are blowing out air bubbles, then you dont need to put an airstone in. And oscars dig because they like to. If you don't like it then have a bare bottom tank or have large river rocks for gravel. And for the decor, get some heavier ones?
Back to top Go down
jlewis122899
Private
Private
jlewis122899

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 11:09 am

no prob with digging just seem to make it mad when i covered it up after cleaning out tank it has since re dug its hole what is a hob system?they tear up every plant fake or real i put in tank and one will eat live fish and the other doesnt seem int.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 11:26 am

HOB= hang on back filter. The ones you can get at Walmart or Petco. If you want some decor, I recommend heavy rocks.
Back to top Go down
jlewis122899
Private
Private
jlewis122899

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 11:36 am

i have one hob on back but have considered adding another one to keep up with fish i have a jack and a jap. bass and a couple of other larger fish in with the 11" oscar so prob wouldnt hurt to add another
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 11:37 am

More filtration = better!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime1/11/2010, 3:52 pm

Moved to the right heading!

Oscars are fun creatures. Just watch them closely. They should be fine, but you never know what sex they are until they are pretty big. Hopefully you have a Male:Female or a Female:Female pair. That would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oscars getting along in tank?   oscars getting along in tank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oscars getting along in tank?
Page 1 of 1