UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Breeding Oscars

Go down 
+4
afi137n
CajunGator
JACK D
CSnyder00
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 6:58 pm

Has anyone been able to successfully breed oscars? How do you sex them? What kind of tank space do you need for a pair? I need some info!
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 7:17 pm

Huge tank space!!! Look into a small pool if ya wanna breed oscars!!! Not an easy undertaking for sure...
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime11/18/2009, 8:49 am

My LFS has a breeding pair on sale for 75 bucks! That's the reason I asked this question. I would love to have those guys because there is a big demand for them around here.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime11/18/2009, 9:06 am

It would be cool for sure...
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime11/18/2009, 9:27 am

Synder, my buddy with the Festae is working on an Oscar project. have purchased some WC oscars. He has done lots of research with many postings. i will get the links for you and PM.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime11/18/2009, 9:58 am

Sweet! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
afi137n
Private First Class
Private First Class
afi137n

Favorite Fish: : Oscar's
Arowana's

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 1:22 am

http://www.oscarfishlover.com/breeding-oscar-fish
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 8:30 pm

I have been keeping fish for 20+ years and have only seen 1 breeding pair. They were in a pet store in Arlington in about a 100 gallon tank. They had zillions of fry regularly, too many to raise them all.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 9:05 pm

bristlenosedude wrote:
I have been keeping fish for 20+ years and have only seen 1 breeding pair. They were in a pet store in Arlington in about a 100 gallon tank. They had zillions of fry regularly, too many to raise them all.

Which pet store?
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 6:47 am

Don't remember the name, it on Park Row. Long out of business I beileve.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 7:34 am

I use to breed them in over the ground pond made out of cynder blocks long time ago. I put a lot of slate tile and river rocks that I steal onec they laid eggs on it. I then aerate the eggs in a separate tank and hatch them.
Back to top Go down
fabfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
fabfish

Favorite Fish: : my favorite fish are my 15 inck king kamfa breeding pair of flowerhorn

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 5:03 am

i have a paIR OF ALBINO TIGER OSCARS THAT BREED REGULARLY , IT SUCKS CAUSE THE WATER GETS SO NASTY ... I DO MEAN NASTY . HE MAKES A THICK NASTY MESS .... I PUT THEM IN A 55 GALLON TO STOP THEM FROM BREEDING THEN INTO THE 180 TO BREED THEM , IVE HAD THESE TWO FOR 5 YEARS .. IT TOOK 37 ALBINO TIGER OSCARS TO GET THIS ONE MATED PAIR AND I MESSED UP A COUPLE TIMES CAUSE THEY SOMETIMES DONT PAIR UP WITH THE OTHER SEX ... SOME TIMES THEY SPAWN AND LITERALY TRY AND KILL EACH OTHER ... EVERY SPAWNING YA GET LIKE 300-600 BABYS ... I USE TI FEED MY OTHER FISH WITH THE FRY THEN I STARTED FEELING BAD ... SO NOW I HAVE TO SPEND MONEY ON FOOD AND WITH 79 TANKS THAT R FULL IT GETS EXPENSIVE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breeding Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Oscars   Breeding Oscars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding Oscars
Page 1 of 1