UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????

Go down 
+2
h0ngkn0t2
CajunGator
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Empty
PostSubject: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/5/2009, 12:53 am

Been looking to purchase some of these little guys, to have sometime different to clean my tanks. Always looking for cheap labor, LoL... Has anyone kept these bushys???

Pic as follows:

Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Bushynose

A little information as follows:

http://www.africancichlids.net/articles/ancistrus_temminckii/

What do you think about these??
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/5/2009, 4:23 am

They are algae eating machines. Love them! The albino ones look great too. I have both and they do a great job. Love the bristles on them! If you get a pair, they'll breed if you provide them with adequate cover. Be sure to put some driftwood in there too.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/5/2009, 10:10 pm

thanks for the comment. I think they are pretty cool too. So i am ordering 5 on monday. wish they came in stripes, LOL dots will do for the time being.. LOL Just wanted something with a little color. Didnt think many of the fish hobbyist on here had any. Always wanting to try something different.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/5/2009, 11:26 pm

Dots look pretty cool, some even have greenish patches on them. Here's pics:

Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? IMG_7032-1
Albino with his clutch of babies

Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? IMG_7079
Brown Male

Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? IMG_7081
Brown Female
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/5/2009, 11:52 pm

Khrister has some of these.
I saw them when I went to get some fronts from him.
But ya betta have a fat wallet if ya want some of these guys.

Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? ZebraPleco1
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/5/2009, 11:59 pm

Yep that's the stripes. All right. Next year better be a good year cause I already sent JoJo an order
lol!
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 8:38 pm

Very cute. That's a common Ancistrus cf. cirrhosus. I have 2 females one like yours and an albino. Why are getting 5 more? These guys do better alone or in a pair. They might fight with eachother if they don't have much space.

They are very active plecos. I love mine. My brown one is the best fish she cleans the plants glides around.

A common easy to find stripe small pleco is the clown pleco. But they are not good at cleaning algae. I have one she is 2 yr old.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 8:53 pm

they are for multiple tanks.... after to grow up a little.. just want to be sure of getting a couple of pairs.... lol
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 9:12 pm

I love my Bushy/Bristlenoses! They do a great job!
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 8:02 am

These guys do fine with multiple fish per tank. I breed mine with 1 male to about 6 females. The male is almost always on eggs or fry because there is always a gravid female ready after I take his fry. I have 40-50 breeders in brown, albino and albino long fin. I raise the fry in a 55 once they get to about an inch and may have 250 or more in the tank. Just need regular water changes and a large filter running. I have been doing them for 8-10 years, relly wonderful fish.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 8:22 am

bristlenosedude wrote:
These guys do fine with multiple fish per tank. I breed mine with 1 male to about 6 females. The male is almost always on eggs or fry because there is always a gravid female ready after I take his fry. I have 40-50 breeders in brown, albino and albino long fin. I raise the fry in a 55 once they get to about an inch and may have 250 or more in the tank. Just need regular water changes and a large filter running. I have been doing them for 8-10 years, relly wonderful fish.

Nice! Welcome to the site BN dude. usafishbox It is always good to have you around. The pair you gave me at the TCA auction about a year ago have already created about 100 lilttle ones. I need more females. Got any big ones for sale? THanks! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 10:06 am

The only adults for sale are males. I have them in brown, albino and albino long fin. True Percula pretty much wiped me out on 1.5" fry last weekend but I have 500+ growing out now that will be there pretty soon. Since I switched all my adults around they have been spawning like crazy. I have browns, albinos and albino long fins on eggs or fry now.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 10:23 am

Nice work my friend. Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? 772341 Do you have any big BN males?
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 10:39 am

I have a few nice browns and 2 pretty nice albino long fins. I couldn't reply to your PM because I don't have enough posts yet. Nice site but a little disctacting with all the large avitars and signatures on each post.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 10:40 am

I need some female ABN. Anyone have any?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????   Ancistrus temminckii  Black Bushynose Pleco ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancistrus temminckii Black Bushynose Pleco ????
Page 1 of 1