UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Ordering Cichlids

Go down 
+3
Terry
KMX
cichlid mania
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 10:51 am

Anyone ever order from this company? http://www.cichlidlovers.com/index.htm

Thinking of ordering a few fish from them but looking for some feedback on the company first
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 11:59 am

What are you trying to order?
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 2:19 pm

If the following fish can go in the same tank and get along for the most part then that what I am looking to order.
Rivulatis
Red Peacock
Taiwan Reef
Red Jacob
Golden Peacock
Mamelela
Electric Blue
Venustus
Kadango
Blue Dolphin
Benga Peacock
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 2:21 pm

Should be able to get those from Daves. Hes in San Antonio and way cheaper on shipping.
Back to top Go down
bimmertech
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
bimmertech

Favorite Fish: : PEACOCKS OF ALL COLORS!!!!!!

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 2:30 pm

Ordering Cichlids 858205 AND U GET DISCOUNT IF U ARE A CERTIFIED MEMBER!!!!! Ordering Cichlids 393849
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 2:36 pm

That's what I was thinking. Do you think these fish will get along?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 2:45 pm

I would do all but the rivulatis. I think you are referring to a green terror correct?
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 2:51 pm

Terry wrote:
I would do all but the rivulatis. I think you are referring to a green terror correct?

That would be correct....If you guys say no...then no it is
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 3:08 pm

Terry wrote:
Should be able to get those from Daves. Hes in San Antonio and way cheaper on shipping.

Ordering Cichlids 858205

bimmertech wrote:
Ordering Cichlids 858205 AND U GET DISCOUNT IF U ARE A CERTIFIED MEMBER!!!!! Ordering Cichlids 393849

Ordering Cichlids 858205

cichlid mania wrote:
That's what I was thinking. Do you think these fish will get along?

I think they all will be fine besides the GT
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 3:40 pm

I am setting up a 75g....would 2 of each be good or do these fish require more of the same kind
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 5:19 pm

cichlid mania wrote:
If the following fish can go in the same tank and get along for the most part then that what I am looking to order.
Rivulatis
Red Peacock
Taiwan Reef
Red Jacob
Golden Peacock
Mamelela
Electric Blue
Venustus
Kadango
Blue Dolphin
Benga Peacock

cichlid mania wrote:
I am setting up a 75g....would 2 of each be good or do these fish require more of the same kind

With Cichlids I would stick to all male if your going to do that sort of list. If you mix in females there are 2 bad sides to it. They are going to breed throught the tank and make hybrids which is not good for the hobby and also you risk the chance of the males to start fighting over the females and probley killing off each other.
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 8:01 pm

With Cichlids I would stick to all male if your going to do that sort of list. If you mix in females there are 2 bad sides to it. They are going to breed throught the tank and make hybrids which is not good for the hobby and also you risk the chance of the males to start fighting over the females and probably killing off each other.[/quote]

Interesting...thanks for that info...Now my next question is....how do I ensure that I am getting all males?
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 8:17 pm

Buy the older ones that have colored up already. Juvenile Peacocks and Haps are silverish in color and all look very similar. Once they color up, you know its a male!
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 6:21 am

Guess I have to find someone I can trust and ensure me that I am ordering males
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 7:23 am

Most good fish sites will sell males and females separately. Expect to pay more for males. Plenty of us breed fish as a hobby, most are able to ship as well. Post what you want and chances are you'll find someone that has them. If anything, purchase fry/juvies and grow them out. Sell off the females and keep the males.
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 12:55 pm

Looking for the following in males:

Red Peacock
Taiwan Reef
Red Jacob
Golden Peacock
Mamelela
Electric Blue
Venustus
Kadango
Blue Dolphin
Benga Peacock
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 12:57 pm

cichlid mania wrote:

Red Peacock
Taiwan Reef
Red Jacob
Golden Peacock
Mamelela
Electric Blue
Venustus
Kadango
Blue Dolphin
Benga Peacock

You can jump in on the Blue Dolphin order that we members are putting in from Jack
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 12:59 pm

When are they do to arrive....I am still setting up
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 1:02 pm

The 17th of December. $3 a pop for ea Blue Dolphins + S&H which'll be like $4
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 1:24 pm

philuponthepho wrote:

WOW!!!!!!! that is a killer price Ordering Cichlids 690297
Not sure if I will be done by that time....I still have to order sand since I cannot find any locally. Tank still has to cycle
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 1:27 pm

Isn't there sand on the military base? I have a friend out there (Chris Gaylord) whos a journalist out there. No lowes or anything? Go to nearest river and get u some sand/gravel there,
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 1:34 pm

cichlid mania wrote:

Red Peacock
Taiwan Reef
Red Jacob
Golden Peacock
Mamelela
Electric Blue
Venustus
Kadango
Blue Dolphin
Benga Peacock

Red peacock, red jacob, golden peacock....are you looking for those colors? or are those the names you were told they are?.

cichlid mania wrote:

philuponthepho wrote:

Not sure if I will be done by that time....I still have to order sand since I cannot find any locally. Tank still has to cycle

If you got in on the order I can hold some for you until the tank is ready. Im cool like that Ordering Cichlids 690297 Plus I have 20 something tanks. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 1:36 pm

h0ngkn0t2 wrote:
Most good fish sites will sell males and females separately. Expect to pay more for males. Plenty of us breed fish as a hobby, most are able to ship as well. Post what you want and chances are you'll find someone that has them. If anything, purchase fry/juvies and grow them out. Sell off the females and keep the males.

Ordering Cichlids 858205

A bunch of us breed and ship. Also do not forget about our sponsors. This forum has some of the best suppliers in Cichlids. Quality and price!
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 1:42 pm

KMX wrote:
cichlid mania wrote:

Red Peacock
Taiwan Reef
Red Jacob
Golden Peacock
Mamelela
Electric Blue
Venustus
Kadango
Blue Dolphin
Benga Peacock

Red peacock, red jacob, golden peacock....are you looking for those colors? or are those the names you were told they are?.

cichlid mania wrote:

philuponthepho wrote:

If you got in on the order I can hold some for you until the tank is ready. Im cool like that Ordering Cichlids 690297 Plus I have 20 something tanks. usafishbox

Wow 20 tanks.....I have 3 10's 1 20 and 1 55. I think i r needing some 40L breeders crazy
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 1:50 pm

Sorry I just counted.....34 LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ordering Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ordering Cichlids   Ordering Cichlids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ordering Cichlids
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next