UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females

Go down 
+14
Rico
Holey Rock of Texas
chevy350
nick a
JACK D
CSnyder00
R2 Ranch
Incaico
hydrodmg
rfish
TanyaQ2000
CajunGator
KMX
nitty
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 8:35 pm

After Thanksgiving dinner my wife talked me into putting the xbox360 in the garage for the kids. 9 kids ranging in age from 8 to 12 years old. While the adults hang out in the livingroom. My son and got me maybe an hour later telling me the fish are swimming real fast and hitting the walls. Soon as I opened the door, I smelled gas(WTF). At first I thought one of the younger kids did it. But the gas containers were on the shelf six feet off the floor. No one admitted to doing it, so I started smelling hands. Once I found the little SOB smelling like gas(12years old), I walked him to his parents car and said don't come back in my yard, walked back in the house and told his mom and dad what happen and I've lost over two hundred dollars worth off fish. The father never said anything, but the mother told me fish don't cost that much and she could give me ""$50"" if I had my receipts. I took her keys from the table walked outside and threw them in 1 of my pitbull houses. I left and rode around the block 5or6 times until my wife flagged my down telling me the lady will write me a check for $200. I lost 4 breeding pairs, 5 breeding trios and a blue dolphin. After receiving the check, I give her keys, and told them don't ever come back to my house. I wanted to K!!! that kid and his mommy.

Here's a pic of the males(9), I didn't take a pic of the females(18).

Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females 101_0681
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 8:44 pm

Ouch. man. Words can not describe how mad you must be. I would have done the same thing...mabey worse. To me those are worth more then $200. Time and dedication is worth more then $200. I will keep this in mind when u come see me for fish. Sorry for the loss.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 8:58 pm

Dang guy really sorry for your loss, we all know how hard you work with your fish-- all the time, money, effort to make them into their normal habitat and act like FISH, so that they produce great offspring. Just remember they are kids, even though some parents dont raise them any better than the way they act. Again, sorry for your LOSS, but we all we try and make things better some way or another,, thats whay we are a GREAT GROUP and feel for each other.. Take a deep breath. dang, the tank could of expoded, LOL....
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 9:09 pm

Nitty, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I'm appauled at the parent's lack of concern. The fish were beautiful. Again, I am so sorry for this fish tragedy.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 9:27 pm

my garage smells like the outside of a gas station. Even with the door up, I can't spend no more then 10-15 minutes out there at a time.

To make matters worst (as if it could be). 4 of the 18 females were holding. They spit em out, it was dead fry everywhere(100+). I want be reusing any of the tanks, heaters, filters, eggcrates or rocks.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 9:31 pm

oooooooouuuuuuuuuccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I would of prolly cried....for real.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 9:37 pm

I
DID
That why I rode around the block.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 9:41 pm

so what did the kid do? Go around and just poor gas into diffrent tanks?
Back to top Go down
rfish
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 9:46 pm

Sorry for your loss ... Sometime money can't buy the fish you love ...
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 9:55 pm

I got 15 tanks a foot off the floor. He poured gas mix(weed eater).
He used all that was in the container(about 1/4 gallon). He ran out
after the 10 tanks. The next 5 tanks are German Red(from you), YB Alberts(fromyou),
Borleyi fry, Ahli fry and Honduran Red Point fry.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:00 pm

wowzer. What a stupid kid. I know one thing my son is 2 1/2 but he knows not to mess with papi's tanks. stuff like this drives me crazy. Parents should be very disapointed in the child.
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:06 pm

go watch gran terino and get some wisdom from the movie i would make the kid himself help you tear down and rebuild these tanks so he learns the extent what he did maybe you could instill the love of the hobby in this kid the kid was wrong but there is always a silver lining in every cloud and we make it ourselves
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:09 pm

Well said. Dude
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:21 pm

Nitty what size tanks were they? how many?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:22 pm

I love that movie...
SORRY, But it wouldn't be good for me to ever see this kid again.
I don't hold grudges, but once I'm done with something or someone,
I'M DONE.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:28 pm

2-55's, 3-40's and 5-20's long.
My bro-n-law said soak them in vinegar with the filters running
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:28 pm

What do you think? that will work?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:35 pm

I don't know. Im leaning closer to craigslist. Tanks, filters and heaters $200.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:38 pm

I think you should give one tank a try and do it with a cheap tester fish. Clean it real good and do what your brother said and then use a tester and see if anything happens. If not CL is always a good idea. What peacocks did you lose?

and if all the gas containers were on high shelfs how did that little shizzz get to the one caN?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:44 pm

1 male Steveni Tawain Reef and 2 females
1 male Blue Dolphin
2 male Strawberrys
2 male Otter Points and 5 females (1 holding)
2 male Sunshines 5 female (1 holding)
2 male Blue Ahli's 6 females (2 holding)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:55 pm

nitty wrote:
1 male Steveni Tawain Reef and 2 females
1 male Blue Dolphin
2 male Strawberrys
2 male Otter Points and 5 females (1 holding)
2 male Sunshines 5 female (1 holding)
2 male Blue Ahli's 6 females (2 holding)

When you see me in Jan. I will have Blue Dolphin, Otter Point and maleri Island waiting for you...and your flavus.
Back to top Go down
Incaico
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Fronts

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 11:11 pm

Dude!!! I'm reading this and I cannot believe this cr@p! I would sue them! Take the parents to small claims court for what the kid did! If you can't reuse the tanks and equipment it will cost you far more money than $200.00......gees the time and effort that you put into your tanks is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than $200
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 11:25 pm

Incaico wrote:
Dude!!! I'm reading this and I cannot believe this cr@p! I would sue them! Take the parents to small claims court for what the kid did! If you can't reuse the tanks and equipment it will cost you far more money than $200.00......gees the time and effort that you put into your tanks is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than $200

Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females 858205
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 2:32 am

So so sorry about your loss.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 3:08 am

Wow. That's all I can say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females   Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving killed 9 of my male peacocks and 18 females
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next