UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

my new tank build

Go down 
+10
Raschael
ricardorocks
CajunGator
kfennell
timw
philuponthepho
ilicurtisili
nitty
KMX
lgsasquatch
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

my new tank build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 10:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

After seeing raptors building blog i decided i would do one on my new 55 i got from raptor. :)
After getting the tank home i looked it over. I wanted to modify the stand to work better for my needs but after looking at it i decided to build a new stand to put it on. Thought that would be easier then modifying the stand that came with it.
my new tank build - Page 2 Pictur11
I started by building this 2x4 frame. I built it to hold a 75 gallon tank so that i could put it next to the wall and not have a big gap between it and the wall. Later i can get a 75 gallon tank and not have to build a new stand for it. The plan for this stand is to make a hourglass figure stand with a solid wood bottom to put the sump on. I plan on trying to sandblast the canopy so i can clear coat it to make it a light wood color instead of black. I see allot of people having black stands. I will keep you posted on the build.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:26 pm

The water has finally cleared up and i have now moved my cichlids into there next home. I only have a few things left to do to this stand and canopy to Finnish the build then it will be on to the next build, a 30 long with a turtle in it. Here are some pics with the cichlids in it. All 25 of them.

my new tank build - Page 2 The_ki34

my new tank build - Page 2 The_ki35
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:38 pm

very very nice... Background came out really good. tank looks awesome. Well Done...

my new tank build - Page 2 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:43 pm

are those american and african ciclids in there?
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 11:05 pm

both south american, african lake malawi and lake victoria.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 7:28 am

odd combo of fish. Is everything getting along?
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 8:49 am

No problems.95% of them have been in there since they were babies. Only two or three I already had.
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 9:34 am

Nice yes
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 11:13 am

lgsasquatch wrote:
No problems.95% of them have been in there since they were babies. Only two or three I already had.

THEY ALL LOOK HAPPY TOO. GREAT JOB.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 12:52 pm

man good job yeah people said that you cant mix american and african because of water pirams but ive done it and youve done it so i guess were in luck i have 20 fish in my 60 gallon and it looks nice my fish are all like 4 inches and i too grew them out from babys and they get along good too. are those ebjds and sp44s
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 1:16 pm

Yep o have two in there.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 1:58 pm

lgsasquatch wrote:
Yep o have two in there.
yeah i see ,nice i have the same set up i have 3 ebjds and alot of pecocks and mbunas i even have two frontosas
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 2:25 pm

ricardorocks wrote:
lgsasquatch wrote:
Yep o have two in there.
yeah i see ,nice i have the same set up i have 3 ebjds and alot of pecocks and mbunas i even have two frontosas

Me too, 1 ebjd, 2 fronts, haps and peacocks, and about 5 mbuna.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 2:36 pm

I have a breeding pair of mbunas and a breeding pair of jewels. I think I have male and female labs.
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 2:50 pm

oh wow i am suprised you aren't having issues, mine are all male so there is no fighting over breeding. Hope it all stays good for you.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 10:22 am

micahsutton wrote:
oh wow i am suprised you aren't having issues, mine are all male so there is no fighting over breeding. Hope it all stays good for you.
more people with a crazy mix cool yeah i got alot of heat from people for doing this im having to much fun to switch it up they look too happy to me plus they were raised together
Back to top Go down
moparace
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Mickey Mouse Platie

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/12/2010, 5:57 pm

it came out looking SO NICE!
when u used the drylock did u have to paint the whole surface or just the front?
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/12/2010, 8:07 pm

I put a coat over the whole thing first. You could probably get away without but o decided to cover the whole thing with one or two basecoats before I added any color. I have about five coats total on mine.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 6:58 pm

Nice! Will have to try this.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 9:27 pm

Well done. Congrats
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 9:05 am

way to go bro!!!!! my new tank build - Page 2 565291
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my new tank build   my new tank build - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my new tank build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2