UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)

Go down 
+8
alkomist
S&FW_FishyFriend
ssteelhead
nitty
philuponthepho
CSnyder00
hydrodmg
TanyaQ2000
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Empty
PostSubject: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 10:58 am

well i wanted to get some more done before starting the build log but i figure i might as well get started on it LOL. ok the tank has arrived, now for the perverbial walk around.

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) 110isfinallyhere-1

upon my walkaround inspection (i personally do this with all tanks just to get a list of what i need to get for them) i ran into a couple of snags right off of the bat, first ( and most serious issue is the glass top brace is missing, not to big of a problem except finding a 1/2" peice of glass the right size or even finding a place that will keep half inch thick glass in stock, (to anyone that ever gets a tank that has a top brace dont remove it especially on larger tanks of 90 plus gallons, on these older oceanic tanks the glass top brace was part of the structural support for the tank)as previously stated this is not difficult to fix but i have no clue of any shops here in town that keep half inch thick glass in stock, if i am lucky i will find a scrap peice at this glass shop a few blocks from my house when i go talk to them tomorrow.

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Missingtopbrace

so to continue the old walkaround i hit the second issue there seems to be a missing overflow HMMMM i wonder where it is at

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Wherestheotheroverflowbox

AHHH FOUND IT !!!!! ( this is a strange place for it, hiding behind the other one and siliconed together to make a box)

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) FOUNDIT

now i find a couple more issues but i neglected to take pics and just fixed them straight away, some teeth on the overflows were missing and i lucked out having a small peice of black acrylic from an old overflow box peice adn it is glues together with some high quality superglue which will hold up to saltwater adn forever to having used it to mount coral frags quite a bit.

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Anothermissingoverflowtoothbackside

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Anothermissingoverflowtoothfrontsid

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Missingoverflowteethrepairbackside

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Missingoverflowteethrepairfrontside

i also noticed one of the overflows had a large crack in it which i patched on the back side of the overflow with a peice of clear acrylic i had lying around and again some superglue.

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Crackinoverflowbox

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Patchedcrackinoverflowbox

well since i currently have no glass to make a top brace or silicone to install it or replace the overflows i jumped ahead to making the electical outlet panel for under the stand which will be wired up making the outlets equivelent to 3 plug bars which i swhat i am using on the 90 now. it will be a total of 9 electrical outlets with 3 of them arranges so i can run my light timers without blocking other outlets.

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Electricpanel

that is all for now due to no funds and parts and items needed, i will continue on as funds permit or i get ahold of parts.

Last edited by lordraptor1 on 2/11/2010, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 11:31 am

awesome job!!!! good
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 1:09 pm

crazy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 4:57 pm

and to those wondering about the skull that is in the background of pic 7 that is the front of my pc tower, and the cup o noodle containers in the background of pic 6 are my small part storage contains for screws and things while i am working on something, the cheetohs bag in the background of pic 6 was part of my dinner lol!
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 6:03 pm

lordraptor1 wrote:
and to those wondering about the skull that is in the background of pic 7 that is the front of my pc tower, and the cup o noodle containers in the background of pic 6 are my small part storage contains for screws and things while i am working on something, the cheetohs bag in the background of pic 6 was part of my dinner lol!
and the gas can??? nice touch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 6:06 pm

redstarflowerhorn wrote:
lordraptor1 wrote:
and the gas can??? nice touch

the gas can is empty but it was fuel for the chainsaw i am currently selling lol!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 7:12 pm

Can't wait to see the finished product! RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) 690297
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/15/2009, 7:13 pm

CSnyder00 wrote:
Can't wait to see the finished product! RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) 690297

me either LOL
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/16/2009, 11:57 am

Jealous?....Yes

Looks awesome?......Yes

Are you going to build two front drawer panels so it doesn't look so ugly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/16/2009, 12:19 pm

philuponthepho wrote:
Jealous?....Yes

Looks awesome?......Yes

Are you going to build two front drawer panels so it doesn't look so ugly?

with my current plans, i am going to have 3 front doors, and 1 side door for easy fuge install and removal as well as an electrical panel on the other side. however plans can change lol!
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/16/2009, 12:24 pm

Nice, I wanted that tank fighting oh well. Until the next deal arrives.! Fish tank is definately for christmas for myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/16/2009, 1:01 pm

Raptor there are other suitable materials besides glass you could make a brace out of. Sheet aluminum comes to mind, like what stop signs are made of. Just bend some 'tabs' on the ends so it fits over the top of the tank nicely.
I used a strip out of a license plate to fix the crack in the center brace of my 55g, it works like a charm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/16/2009, 1:31 pm

Fern wrote:
Raptor there are other suitable materials besides glass you could make a brace out of. Sheet aluminum comes to mind, like what stop signs are made of. Just bend some 'tabs' on the ends so it fits over the top of the tank nicely.
I used a strip out of a license plate to fix the crack in the center brace of my 55g, it works like a charm.

true but which of them are clear so light can pass through and also how many of them are not in any danger of saltwater (leaving glass and acrylic) LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/17/2009, 11:36 pm

ok finally got my electrical outlets today along with some wire and outlet wall plates, so for your enjoyment a few more pics.

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Under_10

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Wiring11

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Under_11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 2:52 pm

time for an update, i have been using scrap plywood i had floating around to skin the stand and it is coming along nicely. keep in mind it will eventually be black and i am using teh white as a primer/sealer.

so here is a pic of it skinned, notice teh glass under it? that is the 55 i got from Terry that i tore apart to cut down to make the fuge.

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Stand_10

ok here is a pic showing some gap filling and sanding, again notice the glass from the 55 with the line and it having 4" written on it? that is how much is going to be cut off of the 4 sides of the tank making it 17" in height

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Skin_s10

another showing more gap filling

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Skin_s11

and here is one panel that will be hinged to make a door on the side of the stand for easy fuge intstall and removal

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Soon_t10

and here is a pic of where the fuge install removal door will be as soom as i get a hinge

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Where_10

that is all i have right now but i will update as soon as i get some more for you.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 4:36 pm

Looking good. Keep up the good work! RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 5:16 pm

CSnyder00 wrote:
Looking good. Keep up the good work! RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) 393849

thanks and dont worry i will lol!
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 5:40 pm

Can't wait to see the what's going in there:

FOWLR or Reef ???????????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 6:05 pm

nitty wrote:
Can't wait to see the what's going in there:

FOWLR or Reef ???????????????????

nitty i plan on moving the reef in my 90 over to this and turning the 90 into a FO with only 2 fish (a porcupine puffer and a volitan lion)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 6:05 pm

ooops, double post
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 6:09 pm

those outlets look cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 6:33 pm

and all of the outlets work LOL
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 6:46 pm

and the 90 ?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 6:49 pm

nitty wrote:
and the 90 ?????

90 is going to have 2 fish in it a volitan lion and a porcupine puffer
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 7:30 pm

lordraptor1 wrote:
and all of the outlets work LOL
i need proof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)   RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAPTORS 110 build log most of from 90 is in it now)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next