UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

White spot?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

White spot? Empty
PostSubject: White spot?   White spot? Icon_minitime12/19/2012, 4:49 am

So I had a a redtail shark and a columbian tetra struggling with a white fungus or something. Redtail shark is completely better...The columbians head has gotten blackish and rough looking and a white spot is re-emerging. I also have a black skirt with a spot on its side. Any thoughts? They are still eating some as well. I had used Melafix and took out my filter media because I was told it would suck up the medicine. Well this caused me to lose 5 fish. Here is my question and Finley you might have the best input. Would salt work for this and could I leave old carbon filters in there just to filter the water? The carbon filters are over a month old now I believe and I was waiting till after treatment to change. I know new carbon will counteract medicine/salt but with older I was assuming that they might not take away the medicines usefulness.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

White spot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: White spot?   White spot? Icon_minitime12/19/2012, 3:17 pm

I use salt and garlic for all my fish illnesses and injuries and works for me!I never buy meds from the store! Also raise the temp to around to 86 degrees! usafishbox
Back to top Go down

White spot?
Page 1 of 1