UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Non native species

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Non native species Empty
PostSubject: Non native species   Non native species Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 5:03 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/armored-catfish-wreaking-havoc-south-florida-lakes-182812663.html#more-4190
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

Non native species Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non native species   Non native species Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 7:49 pm

This is why I'm so passionate about responsible fish keeping. If more people were responsible and did research before obtaining fish and those of us that are knowledgeable and in a position to aid and educate newbies then this would not be as big an issue. When I worked at Petco I would flat out refuse sales to people that I deemed ill suited to owning a fish and not willing to listen to advice that would ensure success (i.e. "I want to keep a bala shark in a bowl, and no I don't ever want a filter or heater because they are expensive", etc.) There will always be instances where people fall through the cracks (like buying fish at WalMart), but the more knowledge that is available, the better off we all are.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Non native species Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non native species   Non native species Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 8:14 pm

well now that its done its just apart of nature now. i dont advocate any further contamination. but its impossible to prevent ignorant irresponsible keepers from stopping completely.

homgenization actually stimulates biodiversity in the longterm.

i mean look at what has happened to harbor species, species loss and recovery are the ebb and flow of evolution. some day all African Rift Species will go extinct; when the volcanic activity due to continental divergence turns the lakes to sulfuric acid. not in our lifetime, but someday. it cant be helped
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

Non native species Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non native species   Non native species Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 8:57 pm

While not the same situation:
http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-news/2012/01/03/aussie-blacktip-sharks-breed-with-common-blacktips.aspx
This is an example how the world's changing climate (or us changing it) is affecting different species. Very interesting!
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Non native species Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non native species   Non native species Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 9:20 pm

if you dont adapt. you are doomed to die. its not survival of the fittest, its survival of the most adaptable.

lol as long as we dont get started on anthropogenic global warming theory shlock. there are undersea volcanoes under the glaciers and solar flares above the glaciers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Non native species Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non native species   Non native species Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non native species
Page 1 of 1