UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli

Go down 
+2
KMX
JMatthew
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JMatthew
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
JMatthew

Favorite Fish: : Africans...including but, not just cichlids.

True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Empty
PostSubject: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 2:18 pm

Really???

http://www.somethingsphishy.com/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=1103&osCsid=202b0d3045c118b973052a3fc7ef8f27
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 2:26 pm

Did you read what it says above it?

"Somethings Phishy"
Back to top Go down
JMatthew
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
JMatthew

Favorite Fish: : Africans...including but, not just cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 2:27 pm

Yeah - but they have other definately legit products so...I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 3:34 pm

that is just wrong. they need to stop altering fish!!!!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 3:37 pm

They did the same with the Electric Blue Jack Dempseys. Its sick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:05 pm

ummm, what are they doing? gene splicing?, altering dna?, or are they just cross bred?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:39 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:

True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli 858205
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:41 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:

please advise, HOW are they altering the fish?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:43 pm

hybrid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:47 pm

KMX wrote:
hybrid

ok hybrid as in cross breeding or are they harvesting sperm and eggs and doing genetic experimentation on them?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:49 pm

I would asume they are cross breeding them but dont quote me on it.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 8:44 am

I would say it's a cross breed, but my guess is that they harvest the eggs and the sperm. I don't think the two fish would normally breed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 8:49 am

I bet its a line bred variety. Its when you just keep breeding the fish with the quality's you want in this case they wanted blue. Makes for a weak fish.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 8:52 am

That's true also. I have seen babies come out not like the others and end up making it.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 8:53 am

Yeah. I suppose it could be just selective breeding, but even then, it's still wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 8:54 am

I fully agree
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 10:29 am

What their doing is looking for a way to make money, by genetically
altering dna. Please don't support this. It's been proven that these
procedures shorten the life of the fish. I breed these fish and will
give them away to keep people from supporting DNA altering.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 8:48 pm

No they are not hybrids. They are breeding deformed fish. They take this deformed fish and breed it then take the other deformed fry and breed them. They just keep breeding it till they get the size or shape they want. Much like dog breeding. The pug, bulldog, and basset hound are basicly deformed dogs bred for The a desired look. Most of the time bred for a reason. Thier could be some cross breeding but I think it's just selective breeding selective breeding is easy. Getting fish to cross breed can be a bit harder.

Yes it's gross to mess a fish up that bad. I found the page the other day and was shocked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli   True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Oddity Electric Blue Ahli
Page 1 of 1