UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Electric Blue Ahli problem.

Go down 
+3
vman
sal
Holey Rock of Texas
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Electric Blue Ahli problem. Empty
PostSubject: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 11:08 pm

i have a group of ahli, which i have stopped breeding becuase i do not think the fry are correct. they are not crossbreeding. i watch them all the time breed. the reason i do not like the fry is because they are getting speckling in the fins. none of the females have it nor does the male. has anyone else seen this?
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 11:34 pm

Hey, I never seen ahli fry befor but i believe i have 3 females. I have not searched for a male because im not sure they are e.b.ahli. Can you put up a pic of yours so i can compare them to mine......please.....with a cherry on top. thnx
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 9:39 am

yeah but i am questioning mine lol.
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 11:14 am

Electric Blue Ahli problem. DSC_0421
Electric Blue Ahli problem. DSC_0092-3
this is my pair of Elec Blues
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 11:39 am

what is everyone opinion on these?

Electric Blue Ahli problem. Ahli2010
Back to top Go down
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

Favorite Fish: : frontosa, venustus

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 11:42 am

I HAVE TWO THAT SHOW A LOT OF WHYTE AND YELLOW ON TOP AND ONE THAT IS JUST SOLID BLUE
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 11:44 am

my concern is the egg spotting / speckling on the rear fins. mine is not as bad as the pic tho but i have has some come out this way.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 11:49 am

maybe poor genes after long time breeding without refreshing thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:10 pm

the pic is a F1 from live direct.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:21 pm

if yours have the same origin then I have no explanation
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:22 pm

yeah i just do not know. i do nto want to breed them if they are not correct but half of the alhi i see on the internet have the speckling. i will post pics of my little guy tonight.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:26 pm

I like to see you pict and glad you have that kind of concerns Electric Blue Ahli problem. 393849
let me see if i can find some information about
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:29 pm

yeah i will not place fish in the market i do not feel are correct. i like the periodicly raise some to larger sizes to make sure nothing is happening.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:37 pm

Cut up bait next time we go fishing then lol!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:38 pm

thats correct !!!
hey check pictures in the net for hap jacksoni please and let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:40 pm

Last edited by vman on 11/26/2010, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:41 pm

thanks vman Electric Blue Ahli problem. 393849
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:51 pm

yeah i know about that but my male does nto have the speckling and of course my females dont lol. do you think they could be from two different variants?
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 12:56 pm

hmm... How long have you had the breeding pair? Does the breeding male have a white stripe going from his nose up to the dorsal fin? In the fry pic, I see more of an overall different coloring. Suggesting to me the female line is different and/or a much older line. For your offspring I would try moving them to different environments and see how they react initially and then after 5 days or so. I would also try putting the breeding male in a different tank briefly to see if his color fades out to show you some speckling...

I have only seen this once and I replaced the female with one I found at DNA for $6... No problems since. As you know, Good Fish + Good Fish usually = Good Fish...

Having said that, I probably just got lucky and this may not be the case here...

And just for fun... My breeding group... and the stone of love...

Electric Blue Ahli problem. Blu_ah10

Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 1:13 pm

the quality of the adults i do not question at all. the male is really nice!!!
Electric Blue Ahli problem. AhliO
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 1:33 pm

I agree that your male is a very quality fish, and I didn't mean to question that. Just trying to help you figure out your sitch... I wouldn't cut 'em up for bait though... Throw 'em in a all male tank, and enjoy their uniqueness...
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 2:06 pm

yeah. since the male looks so good i am thinking about just getting new females for him or just getting a new group. this is why i was waiting to see what these little guys look like.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 7:41 pm

my comp will not turn on so no pics. sorry.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 10:28 pm

sounds good to me !!!
lets do it Electric Blue Ahli problem. 393849
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 10:32 pm

i placed my sim card in my wii but i can not access it on the internet lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric Blue Ahli problem.   Electric Blue Ahli problem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric Blue Ahli problem.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next