UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fluval 404 used for saltwater

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Fluval 404 used for saltwater Empty
PostSubject: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 8:00 am

I was given this canister filter with a used freshwater tank I bought. Does anyone know how I can clean all this stuff off? Would bleachwater work? I thought I'd better ask before trying to clean it.
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 8:01 am

Fluval 404 used for saltwater 072
Fluval 404 used for saltwater 070-1
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 8:04 am

fill up a 5G bucket with warm/hot water and a cap full of bleach and give it a good brush and wash. Should be good.
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 8:08 am

Oh thank you Kory! Off to work on it.
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 8:45 am

wow that is some gunk! it looks like caked on coraline algae from a sw tank. I've also done a soak in vineagar to remove calcium deposits from hard water.
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 11:42 am

Got it up and running but the hoses were too short for the tank I was going to use it on. So I'm using it on the 55 gallon, working great. FYI, a butter knife and scotchbrite pads came in handy! Thank you for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 11:46 am

Vinegar, as opposed to bleach, woulda lessened your elbow grease on that effort.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 12:05 pm

+1 on the vinegar. Magi clean works great too!
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 12:18 pm

Elbow grease, Grrr!

kudos!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fluval 404 used for saltwater   Fluval 404 used for saltwater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fluval 404 used for saltwater
Page 1 of 1