UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Awesome Last 24 hours!

Go down 
+4
KMX
strikingthematch
Yeti
Alton S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Favorite Fish: : Lake Malawi Haps and Peas

Awesome Last 24 hours! Empty
PostSubject: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 6:50 pm

Hi Guys, I had an awesome past 24 hours. It started yesterday after water changes and I noticed my female Ethelwynnae holding with a huge mouthful. With way too many males in with her I decided to strip her. To my surprise I had over 50 eggs (No clue actual count, more then I can count without losing count). Here is a pic of dad:

[url=https://servimg.com/view/16543205/25][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/16/54/32/05/100b9611.jpg

Then first thing this morning I saw my Chitande Type North's had spawn. She is 1 1/2", so I figured it best to strip her. Here is a pic of Dad, he is just over 2":

[url=https://servimg.com/view/16543205/24][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/16/54/32/05/100b0310.jpg
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 8:11 pm

That's great! Good luck with the eggs and fry.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 8:49 pm

Great news! keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 8:56 pm

Thanks I am very excited to have both batches. Especially from 2 rare species too. I found out the other day the Ethelwynnae's are on the red list and listed as vulernable in the wild.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 8:24 am

Congratz. Awesome fish!
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

Favorite Fish: : All Male 90G Peacock/Hap Tank

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 9:06 am

Wonderful, Congrats!

Awesome Last 24 hours! 265353
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 11:40 am

Thanks KMX and Zuly. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I watch them all the time. So hoping I get a good success rate from the eggs. Especially the Ethelwynnae's, I have bought 6 females and only one turned out to be a female so far. So I really need more of them.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 12:13 pm

Awesome fish and Congratz! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 12:22 pm

Thanks BFinley, I am trying to get into breeding some of the more rare Peas. So far I have only got half of the ones I want to have. But things are coming slowly. Guess this is why they are rare, Hee Hee
Back to top Go down
xrickyhoangx
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 12:24 pm

wow , congratz.
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 12:26 pm

Thanks xrickyhoangx
Back to top Go down
AFRICAN757
Private First Class
Private First Class
AFRICAN757

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 7:48 pm

nice... good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 9:34 pm

Thanks African757, I am trying my best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Last 24 hours!   Awesome Last 24 hours! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awesome Last 24 hours!
Page 1 of 1