UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?

Go down 
+22
Elrollo
hello2196
grad2k1rulz
strikingthematch
Aquanationdfw
2SciCrazed
Dr. Who
lifeisgood
Kasshan
Shea
natikah
Jstump
Ma12cus504
Yeti
cichlidlady
CajunGator
Ben
BFinley
dnphillips08
Flippercon
Glabe
KMX
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How many hours?
1. none
How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_lcap0%How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2. 1-4
How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_lcap10%How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
3. 5-15
How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_lcap38%How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 15 ]
4. 15-30
How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_lcap31%How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 12 ]
5. 31-40 (full time job)
How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_lcap10%How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
6. 41-65 (overtime!)
How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_lcap5%How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
7. 65 or more (crazy mofo)
How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_lcap5%How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Empty
PostSubject: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 11:51 am

Weather it be working on the tank/tanks or in the fish room gazing around. How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?

usafishbox

Vote!
Back to top Go down
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 12:23 pm

somewhere between 5 and 10ish... they're my homework buddies :) not too distracting, and they give my eyes a nice break from page after page AFTER PAGE of educational garbage that i need to read so i can get a degree just to end up working at some lame job like McDonald's to pay off my loans. But my fishies keep my mind off this.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 1:01 pm

I spend more time with my fish then I do at work. I have a 600 sq ft apt with 16 tanks(ten up and running). I dont have cable because I spend most of my time gazing at the tanks. I'm a homebody so its my relax time with the fish. 40+ for me
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 3:15 pm

15-30 for me!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 3:29 pm

I spend 15-30 for me!I like to go in my fish room and sit and relax!Unless I'm doing water changes. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 3:33 pm

15-30

My fish room also has my pool table in it so Im in there a lot.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down
cichlidlady
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
cichlidlady

Favorite Fish: : All African Cichlids but especially Demasoni

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 9:36 pm

At least 10 to 15 and the majority of this is on the weekends (mainly water change time). Its soooo addictive just watching and I never thought I would be spending so much time on fish and tanks. Lately tending to fry has been the most interesting and can pass the time pretty quickly too!
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 10:27 pm

Cajun 1 hour per week..... yeah sure!

I have 3 tanks besides my desk and computer, the other 2 are close to the TV. I don't have cable etc so the TV's only for DVD's, and I find myself watching the Mbuna's rather than the movie.
As I've said before, you never get a repeat show with a fish tank, and there are no commercials to spoil your viewing.

So combine seated and working on tanks ... 30 hours plus would be my guess.
Back to top Go down
Ma12cus504
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 8:26 am

Seem as if most are guys. I spend about 15hr/wk. I wish i can spend more time, but I have "a WIFE" :(
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 8:37 am

CajunGator wrote:

How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? 196631 How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? 196631 How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? 196631
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Favorite Fish: : Metriaclima sp. "Msobo" Magunga

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 9:25 am

probably at least 15 for me, i have 2 tanks in my living room and spend most of my time there.
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Favorite Fish: : fish, fish, fish

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 9:33 am

probably 30 or more. most of my fish are in my living room and I also find myself watching my tanks instead of the tv.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 9:47 am

I agree. I watch my fish more then TV. My fish are much more interesting then TV. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Favorite Fish: : fish, fish, fish

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 9:59 am

I tend to also watch my fish on my desk instead of getting work done....oops :)
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 10:21 am

That was a hard question to answer for me but I said 15-30. I fuss over them way too much but it's worth it to see them all happy!
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/15/2011, 6:45 pm

lol its a perfect bell curve!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/15/2011, 6:53 pm

More than 30 fo sho ! with 44 running tanks , I spend alot of time with them.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/15/2011, 8:30 pm

Kory thats a very good question. The problem is do I count the time my employees work keeping my fish in excellent shape. Or do I just count the time turning valves to do H2O changes. Employees feed.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/16/2011, 8:39 pm

I said 40-65 hours.

And NO I'M NOT CRAZY!!!! I SWEAR!!! crazy

It's called 'convenient placement'. At work, I can view my three large classroom tanks from anywhere in the room (and generally do while I'm bored waiting for students to finish tests... lol)

At home, I can view two of my planted betta tanks from the confort of my lazyboy. Watch them every commercial (and whenever hubby's got control of remote... )

While working on Masters/Prepping on this laptop, I can view two more of my planted betta tanks which reside on my desk.

Yep, only place I no longer have a fish tank - is the bedroom. How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? 690297
Back to top Go down
Aquanationdfw
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aquanationdfw

Favorite Fish: : Fahaka puffer or jack Dempsey

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/16/2011, 9:55 pm

15-20 hours a week the weekends more than during the week and I agree watching the tank is way better than watching tv
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 10:21 am

I figure I spent about 1 to 1.5 hours a day working on my tanks. Then again I am talking about the upkeep on 11 fry tanks and 1 discus tank. The worst part is that it would tank me twice a s long if I did not have my drain and fill system hooked up!

The two display tanks beside the other 11 running tanks really don't take much time. I spend an hour or so twice a month of them.

So even on a slow week it comes out to around 11-12 hours haha. Now if we include feeding/ watching time... welllllll yeah it might be a bit crazy sounding haha.
Back to top Go down
grad2k1rulz
Private First Class
Private First Class
grad2k1rulz

Favorite Fish: : I'm finicky and picky so it varies and changes regularly.

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 11:05 am

5-15 and I only have a 55gallon right now! not to mention I work 40hrs a week and am working on my MBA. I find that I am a much happier and relaxed person now that I have my hobby back up and running again... I just started it up 5 months ago. Most of my time spent lately is making sure my many fry and all the fish get fed at every feeding not to mention weekly water changes to keep them healthy... But, who's kiddin', I love it! How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? 772341
Back to top Go down
hello2196
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
hello2196

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 5:11 pm

hmmm... seeing as i have a tank set up in my bedroom, does that mean that I can count 8-10 hours a night... if so i woud say a total of 70+ of mpt, about 10 hours a week LOL
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 2:16 am

Man this is a bad question...why??? I did not realize how much time I really do spend in my fish room and not hanging with friends and family. 20minx3 times a day for feeding. Running and filling ro water tank about 45 min every 2/3 days. water changes about 4-6 hours a week. General enjoyment while I work out about another 4-6 hours a week. dang for a minimum of about 15 hours every weeek, but if I get a new fish or have problems with filters or airpumps the time can sky rocket, not to mention if he fish start to breed or need to be moved to larger grow out tanks ect.

O well its never a hassel always a joy so it is time well spent funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?   How many hours a week do you spend with your fish? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many hours a week do you spend with your fish?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next