UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Marbled Crayfish diet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Marbled Crayfish diet Empty
PostSubject: Marbled Crayfish diet   Marbled Crayfish diet Icon_minitime8/30/2011, 5:56 pm

so i hadnt seen my marmokrebs for 2 weeks. and when i went to go pick them up last Saturday they had an obvious blue tint to them. im not sure what has changed, but i figure my roommate may have overfeeding the tanks over the course of 2weeks

i figure its diet because the largest ones have the most blue and the smaller ones are more muddy colored still.

does anyone have any personal data linking a causal relationship between diet and coloration?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish diet   Marbled Crayfish diet Icon_minitime8/31/2011, 6:12 am

Mine , which yours are related to , don't get "blue " tints . As they get older they get a greenish hue and a couple have a light turquoise tint . A freind of mine has some down in Tennessee , has some that are 50/50 . some grow up to be mottled green/brown . And some grow up to have obvious blue coloring .
Ray
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish diet   Marbled Crayfish diet Icon_minitime8/31/2011, 11:10 pm

maybe its diet then. i use a mixture of Hikari Cichlid Gold and Cichlid Excel for the crays. along with spinach and zucchini
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish diet   Marbled Crayfish diet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marbled Crayfish diet
Page 1 of 1