UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Just got back from ACA Convention!

Go down 
+8
TheGodParticle
ornate12
Ben
slimtosa
KMX
strikingthematch
Jd.
jb1edlover
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

Just got back from ACA Convention! Empty
PostSubject: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 9:47 pm

Just got back from ACA I'm too pooped to post pictures right now but I have plenty I'll get up on the next day or two. Lots of cool people and even more cool fish. Didn't see anyone I recognized from the Virginia area (fishbox) however I met some other new folks from Norfolk/SUffolk area and gave them the web address here so hopefully we get some newbies! Also I met a husband and wife from Columbia S.C. so keep an eye out for them as well! Man talk about "CHEAP" fish in the auction. I added several more Victorians to my collection, (Astatatilapia "Tomato", Crymogenous and some haplochromis "Ruby") I also picked up some several groups of "breeding" Bristlenose Plecos, Albino, Marble, chocolate and greens!
Next Trip FOTAS.... common guys get it penciled in on your calender! Nov 4-7 in San Antonio!
JB
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 1:20 am

Awesome yea I made it to D.C. but didnt make it to the aca .... talk about a waste of 50 bucks haha
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 5:33 am

That's great JD. I really wanted to go but I knew I would spend way to much there at this time haha. I think the next one in the area I will try to attend.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 7:52 am

pics, pics pics!
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 9:06 am

Next year ACA is in Indianapolis and the following year it's going to Denver after that who knows but one has to think "Traditionally" West Coast...
JB
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 12:00 pm

Come to Texas! We do things BIG!

Just got back from ACA Convention! Tex210

Just got back from ACA Convention! Tex110
Back to top Go down
slimtosa
Sergeant
Sergeant
slimtosa

Favorite Fish: : All types of Cichlids,

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 4:32 pm

Kansas City, Mo. would be honored...sooo much to do, plus while you're in town you can get a taste of some real BBQ.. Just got back from ACA Convention! 690297
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 4:56 pm

Kansas City would be a great place to hold an ACA... we could even hold it in Arrow head Stadium once the NFL playoffs start since noone else is using the stadium!!!! crazy
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 6:03 pm

LOL nice one JB.

Oh and btw worthlesswopic Just got back from ACA Convention! 690297
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 7:37 pm

New Orleans again!

yes
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 10:42 pm

alright a couple of teaser photos! I can't put a lot of the photos because what happens at ACA stays at the ACA!

This is the backdrop screen for all the speakers! A boring picture but it is what it is!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 001-3

This is a picture of Greg Steeves he is one of the top dogs in the Victorian cichlids and a good friend of mine.
Just got back from ACA Convention! 004-5

One of the biggest events at this years ACA was a tank decorating contest for the kids... what they didn't know was everyone wins. When all the kids finished decorating the tanks they were informed, "these are now your tanks, take em home and enjoy!" These 20 gallon tanks were brand new and had hoods, lights, filters and all the decorations and fish too!!! Talk about getting kids interested in the hobby!!!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 007-7

A couple of pictures of the finished products! These kids were very creative! Nice tanks huh?
Just got back from ACA Convention! 005-6

Here's a group (Anton, Greg, Hazzid, Rare Dave) having a fish discussion at 2am !!!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 032-3

A small group of us went over to an Irish Pub and had "Fish and Chips" Dumb picture but some fine eating!! Nothing beats a fish convention like fried fish!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 016-1

Here's a shot of the fish "show room"...
Just got back from ACA Convention! 045

Here's a few pictures of the fish in them!!!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 035-1
Just got back from ACA Convention! 036
Just got back from ACA Convention! 038-1
Just got back from ACA Convention! 039
Just got back from ACA Convention! 043
Just got back from ACA Convention! 044

This fish won the best in SHOW!!! I have 100's of these guys "shameless plug"!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 037-3

Here's 2 from the auction... really crowded and lots and lots of fish at amazing prices!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 047
Just got back from ACA Convention! 048

All good things must come to an end! This is Rare Dave and Greg Steeves at the Baltimore airport walking to the terminal.... I hated to say goodbye but heck that just means I get to say Hello again in Nov at the HCCC FOTAS!!!!!
Just got back from ACA Convention! 055
JB
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 11:57 pm

Oh man these pictures hurt , how could I have been in DC but not have attended !!!! ahhhh it burns haha
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 12:09 am

Can anyone ID the fish in the 12th pic?
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 1:32 am

Festae aka red terror would be my guess colors are a little off from what mine are but markings are the same : )
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 8:17 am

Can't wait for FOTAS 2011!!!!!!! PARTY Just got back from ACA Convention! 67702
Back to top Go down
slimtosa
Sergeant
Sergeant
slimtosa

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 9:09 am

Looks like alot of fun!! Thanks for sharring your pics...
good
Back to top Go down
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 11:12 am

I think i ID'd something in the 15th pic. IT'S DUSTIN! from Dustin's Fish Tanks (maybe?) brown shirt, hot wife. prolly him
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 11:38 am

nice pics wish i could have gone
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 4:56 pm

Wish I could have made this event. Thanks for the pics Jb the fish look great.
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 7:41 pm

Yea, Those Pics do hurt. I was registered to go but my daughters car got vandlized and had the tires cut and then it broke down the next week end. So $600 later I was stuck in town. mad crazy cry
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 9:42 pm

Well if ya missed the ACA check out FOTAS in San Antonio here's a link to the site!
http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/fotascares/index.php
This should be even better! The speaker line-up is as good as it gets! Not to mention the hospitality of the HCCC! This is in early Nov so that gives you some time to plan ahead. We could get a list together and share rooms etc... The convention is very close to the airport and there is a free shuttle!
JB
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 10:26 pm

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : ALL!!

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime8/3/2011, 8:23 pm

Nice. Love the ones with color!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 9:08 am

jb1edlover wrote:
Well if ya missed the ACA check out FOTAS in San Antonio here's a link to the site!
http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/fotascares/index.php
This should be even better! The speaker line-up is as good as it gets! Not to mention the hospitality of the HCCC! This is in early Nov so that gives you some time to plan ahead. We could get a list together and share rooms etc... The convention is very close to the airport and there is a free shuttle!
JB

JB is right! You won't wanna miss this! usafishbox

We will be pulling all nighters talking fish untill the sun comes up! Just got back from ACA Convention! 772341
Back to top Go down
slimtosa
Sergeant
Sergeant
slimtosa

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 7:24 pm

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from ACA Convention!   Just got back from ACA Convention! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got back from ACA Convention!
Page 1 of 1