UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Self-contained tanks dedicated

Go down 
+2
ornate12
KMX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Self-contained tanks dedicated Empty
PostSubject: Self-contained tanks dedicated   Self-contained tanks dedicated Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 2:28 pm

Board members from the Aquarium and the Coastal Bend Community Foundation (CBCF) recently visited the Aquarium at Rockport Harbor to view the newly purchased aquariums and cooling tanks in operation.

In November of 2010, CBCF approved a $4,000 grant for the Aquarium to purchase two-20 gallon aquariums and supporting equipment. The grant was awarded through the foundation’s Janet F. Harte Memorial Fund, which was established by Ed Harte in honor of his wife, Janet.

The Aquarium had money left over after the proposed purchase and used the additional funds to buy two cooling units so all of the tanks at the facility can maintain an 80 degree temperature. The use of the remaining money from the grant was approved by the CBCF.

Martha Daniels, director of development and Sue Jackson, director of grants for CBCF were present for the tank dedication on Tuesday, July 12.

Click here for latest print editionJackson said CBCF is in its 30th year and is glad to be able to help with projects which make a positive impact and aid in maintaining the excellence of the Coastal Bend.

Hugh Jamieson was also in attendance at the tank dedication. He spearheaded a project, through the use of volunteers, to create two self-contained aquarium units with four tanks per unit. The stand-alone units have a cooling capacity to allow the water to stay at 80 degrees, which is the optimal temperature to maintain the tanks.

All of the tanks and cooling units are up and running and approximately 1,000 people have been visiting the Aquarium every week. The Aquarium is open Thursdays through Mondays from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. It is also open for private parties and private tours.

http://www.rockportpilot.com/articles/2011/07/24/news/doc4e29a8664cff1005205323.txt
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Self-contained tanks dedicated   Self-contained tanks dedicated Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 4:06 pm

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Self-contained tanks dedicated   Self-contained tanks dedicated Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 4:35 pm

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Self-contained tanks dedicated   Self-contained tanks dedicated Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 11:51 pm

i wish i had $4,000 to buy two 20g tanks!
Back to top Go down
hello2196
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
hello2196

PostSubject: Re: Self-contained tanks dedicated   Self-contained tanks dedicated Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 12:27 pm

Glabe wrote:

I wish i had $4,000 to spend period LOL
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Self-contained tanks dedicated   Self-contained tanks dedicated Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 12:35 pm

hello2196 wrote:
Glabe wrote:

I wish i had $4,000 to spend period LOL

x2 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-contained tanks dedicated   Self-contained tanks dedicated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1