UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Do fish get depressed?

Go down 
+2
Flippercon
strawman1985
6 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Do fish get depressed? Empty
PostSubject: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 9:44 pm

I have a tiger barb, his color is good..water is neutral no ammonia and he still eats but he's been a loner lately. I have 5 others who for the most part stay together. The loner tends to just chill around the bottom or hide
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 10:57 pm

You know I have noticed this with all the barbs I kept over the years. Same here there can be a group of 5 or seven one is usually a loner.

Last edited by Flippercon on 7/12/2011, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 11:05 pm

[b]probably a bad childhood! [/b

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 11:41 pm

If you wondering if a fish gets depressed, then you have to be able to accept the concept that a fish is consciously aware, they have feelings, and are able to question whether or not they have a conscious. If a fish is consciously aware then it is viable that he/she has to wonder what its like to be a Human and whether or not we get depressed. All other fish would have to be able to judge the appropriateness of what they consider to be a great life as a fish, and what they consider to be a poor quality of life. In all likely hood fish are probably not consciously aware therefore cannot get depressed. Sounds like your fish has a case of the freights... figuratively speaking that is.
Back to top Go down
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 1:08 am

CajunGator wrote:
probably a bad childhood!

usafishbox

yes
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 8:40 am

I was thinking it probably was freaked by something. Could be the Krib or my redtail. They both chase the barbs a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 3:26 am

i know for a FACT that Kribensis cichlids have moods and can definately suffer from depression
Back to top Go down
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime7/15/2011, 3:35 am

Kasshan wrote:
i know for a FACT that Kribensis cichlids have moods and can definately suffer from depression

call me a cynic, but this seems like personification to me. i'm not saying you're wrong by any means, i've just never thought of fish to have moods based off anything but instincts and simple stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do fish get depressed?   Do fish get depressed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do fish get depressed?
Page 1 of 1