UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Angelfish Help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brad
Private
Private
Brad

Favorite Fish: : Honduran Red Point

Angelfish Help Empty
PostSubject: Angelfish Help   Angelfish Help Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 8:35 am

Hey everyone. yesterday i bought a proven pair of koi angelfish. i brought them home and put them in a 20 gallon bare except for a rock and a few floating plants, when i put them in they went to the bottom, which was expected, but they are still just sitting on the bottom. they swim around from corner to corner, but always on the bottom. Also they havent eaten yet, is this normal or do i need to do something different?

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

Angelfish Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Help   Angelfish Help Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 11:39 am

Cichlids tend to "pout" if they don't like their new surroundings or when you move them to a different tank. If they stay like that for more than a few days, you may want to try changing some things around. Also, they may just be taking time to adjust to your water chemistry. Hope they come around for you.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Angelfish Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Help   Angelfish Help Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 1:41 pm

Angelfish Help 858205

As long as they are still up right (not laying on their side) they are likely 'ok'
It is not uncommon for them to go a few days before eating. If you have any blood worms or other fresh/frozen food you can attempt to use that as a way to coax them into eating haha.
If you have any larger fake plants you could set on in there for the time being to give them a little cover. Some fish are also freaked out by bare bottom tanks... most will get used to it but a few never do. For those very few painting or taping something dark and non reflective to the bottom UNDER the glass can help.

Good luck and keep us updated. Also don't leave any of their uneaten food in there to rot.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

Angelfish Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Help   Angelfish Help Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 3:35 pm

if you have some fake plants put them in the tank, and turn off the lights for 24-48 hours... seems like they are just ajusting to there new home.... als might try to see if they eat frozen food.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Private
Private
Brad

Favorite Fish: : Honduran Red Point

Angelfish Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Help   Angelfish Help Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 10:14 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice, one of them is sitting just above the bottom breathing fine and looking good, but the other one had longer fins almost like a veil tail, and now the long "extensions" on the dorsal and pelvic are gone, and he is kinda breathing alittle bit harder than the other one, is this a serious problem??
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

Angelfish Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Help   Angelfish Help Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 10:49 pm

Yea I think they are doing ok until they turn sideways then its no good. Kinda shocking that they are not eating all of my Angels are PIGS they love pretty much anything I got haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angelfish Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Help   Angelfish Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angelfish Help
Page 1 of 1