UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Angelfish Heaven

Go down 
+3
alan j t
KingBichir
tbarnwell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Favorite Fish: : Angels, Show guppies, Red Zebra Mbunas
Jack Dempsey's

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 7:50 pm

Guys I am so excited, I looked in my tank last night and stuck my hand in to straighten out my make shift part on my filter and my new angelfish and my little beauty attacked me. Didn't hurt but scared me a little. I turned on the light and to my surprise. EGGS ALL OVER THE Make shift shaft. yayyyyyyy yayyyyyy I think most of them got sucked up in the filter. I was just trying to see if the new pair that I bought would spawn but he dumped his partner and mated up with my beauty. I am so excited just peel me and call me a banana. YAAAAHOOOOOOO Now I will need advice if they survive.

Angelfish Heaven 265353
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 7:54 pm

if you can take the eggs out of the tank i would put them in a 10 gal or smaller and foster hatch. my angels just paired up this past weekend and they had a bunch of free swimmers, they seemed like good parents but i came home and feed the fry then like 20 min later they were all gone, suspect the parents ate them. if you cant take them out take out all the other fish and leave the parents in there.
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Jack Dempsey's

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 9:32 pm

They are in a 55 gallon the parents are keeping everything including me from that side of the tank. I have a 2 gallon and a 20 gallon that are empty right now. Won't they spawn again in the next couple of weeks? I don't see that many eggs anymore and what do I feed them? Do I have to start with the brine shrimp now?
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 9:42 pm

the 2 gallon would be good enough to hatch the eggs and get some freeswimmers, then you could move them to teh 20 after about a week. use the water from the tank that the eggs are in now and gradually change it. i do water changes everyday for the fry. i take half of the water from the parent tank and half new water with prime and neutral regulator. you dont have to worry about feeding them until they are free swimming then bbs is teh best. the parents wont spawn again until the eggs/fry are not in the tank. they will just try and protect their babies.
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Jack Dempsey's

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 10:10 pm

Okay I will do this in the morning. Right now through the excitement and the stress of the day I need to get some sleep. My friend/co worker had to have brain surgery today. She was taking two days off to relieve some of the stress about our jobs.
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Jack Dempsey's

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 10:11 pm

My fish are my relaxation.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 10:43 pm

oh yea, dont know what it would be like without my fish.
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Jack Dempsey's

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/28/2011, 9:16 pm

Not one fry left. pulling the gourami now but wondering if I should pull the other angel. Question will they spawn with different females or stick to the one? I am moving them to the 20 gallon from the 55.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/28/2011, 11:39 pm

sounds like fun! keep us posted or start a jornal. we love pics too!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/29/2011, 12:14 am

If the paired angels are separted you can change females. You generally only do that if a pair is throwing bad babies. Removing eggs can be put in a one gallon jar. Place egg facing down so stuff doesn't collect on eggs. If use rain water the spawn will react totally different than in tap. Heres the key to hatching the eggs. Put an air line in jar with a weight and air coming out slowly as possible. You should be able to see thur the bubble as it goes to the surface. After they hatch and become free swimming fed and place the jar in a 10 gallon aquarium. The fry will swim out. Another key is being to pass as much food in front of them with the least amount of food. A small aquarium is the key. After they are bigger you move to a bigger aquarium. Another key is you want 100 percent of the same type. Less sorting. Another key is the number of angel per gallon to get good fins.
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Jack Dempsey's

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/29/2011, 1:58 am

Okay so should I take the extra female out of the tank? or leave heer in. I'm hoping they will spawn again. The only thing I have is a video of my pair defending the eggs. trying to locate my phone cord to put them on my computer.
Back to top Go down
TEF
Private
Private

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/29/2011, 9:30 pm

Angelfish are not livebearers...
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/29/2011, 10:24 pm

Mods must all be on break ^^
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime5/29/2011, 10:34 pm

Everybody keeps posting angelfish in livebearers for some reason lol. Ill move this one as well.
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Jack Dempsey's

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 4:18 am

oops sorry didn't realize I was posting in live bearers. I will do better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angelfish Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish Heaven   Angelfish Heaven Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angelfish Heaven
Page 1 of 1