UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

A few pictures of some of the tanks

Go down 
+9
dnphillips08
CSnyder00
proyect01
Ben
strikingthematch
BobV
KMX
TheGodParticle
Flippercon
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

A few pictures of some of the tanks  Empty
PostSubject: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 8:25 am

I'm new to Africans in all aspects here is my first Malawi tank. It's a 55 with 7 yellow labs and 5 Metriaclima pulpican
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMAG0399
And my Tanganyika tank 29g with 6 multies and 2 calvus
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMAG0400
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMAG0407
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMAG0412
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMAG0408
20 long barebottom fry tank
https://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/flippercon/VIDEO0097.mp4
My first flowerhorn aka Mr. Flowerhorn
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMG_3660
Fh and rd pair
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMG_3653
My salvini
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMG_3487
My biggest ebjd (bluetooth)
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMG_3468
And my Carpintis aka (Jerry)
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMG_3560
I have a lot more but need to get a better camera.
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 8:38 am

I envy your EBJD... I've been searching for an Adult one for a loooooooong time. I don't have the patience to grow out a fry. An adult EBJD hands down is one of the hardest fish to find... if not the hardest.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 8:43 am

Sorry double post

Last edited by Flippercon on 7/2/2011, 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 8:46 am

Thanks TheGodParticle! I have 7 total varying in sizes. These guys are my passion. I did have this guy breeding with a BGJD but the fry were weak. So I sold the female and placed him in the show tank. I will have the other six ready in a year or so to start the breeding line again. This guy is roughly 7 inches.
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMAG0358
Same hand measured.
A few pictures of some of the tanks  IMAG0363
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 8:54 am

Hmmmmm. You have me drooling now. You should move out to Missouri. Have you considered shipping if you have any Adults to sell? A few pictures of some of the tanks  690297
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 8:59 am

You know I almost sold the pair a few months back but my gf talked me out of It. You never know I might need to sell some in the future but not any time soon. All but two are over the dreaded 3" mark but with the ebjd bad rep some have beakface and other problems. I will keep you in mind if I do decide to get rid of some. Also be careful when buying adult ebjds, like you said they are hard to come buy at these sizes. If its too good to be true double check.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 9:26 am

Very nice Shellies. Great pics.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 9:31 am

Thanks KMX , the shellie pics are from my phone and the rest are from a borrowed camera from a co worker. I need to invest in a dslr but they are a bit pricey. Everytime I save up for one I end up buying a new tank set up lol!
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 9:34 am

nice pics
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 10:15 am

Great pics! The blue genes I got from you are doing great in their new tank and eating very well.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 10:27 am

Thanks BobV!
@ strikingthematch that's good to hear. Here is that link to the video of one of their spawns.
https://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/flippercon/VIDEO0085.mp4
If they are given enough space you will have tons of them. Thanks for taking them I know they are In good hands. Also thanks for introducing me to this site.
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 12:12 pm

Yea what's funny is how they depreciate in value once they get beak face (at least the ones that do get it) There a LFS here who have fry for $28 bucks and he has one 6" EBJD and it has beakface and it's priced at $20, lol. I have seen good specimen without beak face sell for over $100 easy.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 2:02 pm

Yeah the ones that get it are still good fish. I just don't breed them. I throw them in the 125 and breed the ones with good traits. I name the beaked faced ones silly names like Mafia Joe and what not.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 6:12 pm

Nice pics. I love the EBJD that is a great pic.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/3/2011, 12:16 am

Nice picts !!! A few pictures of some of the tanks  393849
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/4/2011, 5:35 pm

Do you breed and sell EBJD's? I've kept a few good females and I have always wanted to breed them, but I could never find good enough Males to get a few pairs started. I have the tanks and the willingness. I just need good specimens.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/4/2011, 6:05 pm

Breeding ebjdxebjd has not been done successfully . The way ebjd has to bred is a bit more complex than most think. Take the ebjds rep as is right now. Most of them are weak an fragile fish. This Is due to the recessive gene they carry. If you were to breed your ebjd with a regular jd you would end up with 50% BGJD (blue gene) and 50% regular jd. These two fish look exactly the same. The only way to tell a BGJD and jd apart is to breed with a ebjd. Once you have the BGJD determined you can spawn with a ebjd and you would then yield 50% ebjd and 50% BGJD. The crossing of strong lines in ebjd will soon enough allow ebjd to breed with ebjd successfully. I can explain more in detail if you were interested.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/4/2011, 6:15 pm

I do breed these guys but the process takes a long time to produce healthy ebjd. I do have a nice specimen but his genes are a bit weaker then I want to pass down the line. I have bred him multiple times with BGJD and have had successful spawns but the turn out was not so well. I took the females and bred them with other jds and no problems. So therefore my ebjd male has the weak genetics and needed to be pulled from the line. I do have 6 other growing out for more tries but as we all know ebjd are slower growers then their counter part jd. If you have females get a good male jd and pair them off. Raise the fry and breed with a different ebjd. If you successfully get 50/50 BGJD ebjd your on the rigjt track. It's a bit time consuming like I said but can be done. Multiple tanks and pairs are required when attempting to breed this awesome specimen.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/4/2011, 8:12 pm

That's awesome Flippercon. Beautiful fish.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 1:49 am

I picked up an EBJD from a LFS.... and was suckered.
The guy told me he didn't know what he was, other than a cichlid, I said "African?" "Oh yeah... African"...
It finally came to me as I looked and looked, he was a SA Cichlid... in with my africans.
Before I could get a SA water tank set up he died.

Then... I went back and spoke to one of the other guys that worked there... "OH, you bought him? Yeah... he'd been struggling for 6 months, we can't keep the water soft enough or acid enough for him, we do Africans".

The store went bankrupt about 3 weeks later. Wonder what happened to their fish.

But I still love EBJD's.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:09 am

Yeti wrote:
I picked up an EBJD from a LFS.... and was suckered.
The guy told me he didn't know what he was, other than a cichlid, I said "African?" "Oh yeah... African"...
It finally came to me as I looked and looked, he was a SA Cichlid... in with my africans.
Before I could get a SA water tank set up he died.

Then... I went back and spoke to one of the other guys that worked there... "OH, you bought him? Yeah... he'd been struggling for 6 months, we can't keep the water soft enough or acid enough for him, we do Africans".

The store went bankrupt about 3 weeks later. Wonder what happened to their fish.

But I still love EBJD's.
Ebjd are CA cichlids. They can live in various ph,hardness. They perfer medium to hard water and since they are bred in aquaria ph is just a number, as long as it is stable. Sorry to hear about the loss. Ebjd get bad reviews due to the lack of knowledge on these guys. Yes they are jds but different precautions should be made when keeping them
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 3:41 pm

Interesting, I have never kept these(ebjd), but they sure are PURRTY...

I thought you cam did a nice job, especially in the last two pics.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 3:44 pm

Thanks. I don't own a camera at the moment and I don't claim to be a photographer. I borrowed a decent camera and snapped pictures all weekend when I was home. Took a bunch of shots to get the few I did. Most of the pictures and video I take are off my evo. Gotta budget somewhere. Maybe I will ask for a camera for Christmas. lol!
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 5:34 pm

You have some nice fish!!
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 5:56 pm

Very Nice!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few pictures of some of the tanks    A few pictures of some of the tanks  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few pictures of some of the tanks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next