UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Do you "fast" your aquatic friends??

Go down 
+14
mcsnapper1
Ben
KingBichir
wildbeanerz
ornate12
cwhip
lifeisgood
Dabula
Dan W.
Holey Rock of Texas
J*Hawk*83
CajunGator
KMX
flukekiller
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you "fast" your fish?
1. no never
Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
2. occasionally
Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap79%Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 79% [ 15 ]
3. once a month
Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
4. 2-3 times a year
Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
flukekiller
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Discus

Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Do you "fast" your aquatic friends??   Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

i was just wondering if anyone goes without feeding there fish for a day or 2.
what are your reasons for doing or not doing this?

i usually do it for a day to 2 days max for about every 2-3 weeks

i do this for 3 reasons . one is to let the fish naturally clean themselves out
and also it helps the fish "hunt" for any food that that is left in the tank that has
fallen in between rock crevices and such. plus it helps to get any food that might
be missed during water changes out to less foul up the water...

what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Do you "fast" your aquatic friends??   Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 11:43 am

tbarnwell, your answer is yes. Bigger fish especially I feel need that fast once and a while. It aids in digestion and gives them more of a natural feel. They weren't hand fed food in the wild everyday twice a day, so why do that forever? Give them a day or two break once and a while.
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Favorite Fish: : Angels, Show guppies, Red Zebra Mbunas
Jack Dempsey's

PostSubject: Re: Do you "fast" your aquatic friends??   Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 4:25 pm

cool I will try it Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you "fast" your aquatic friends??   Do you "fast" your aquatic friends?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you "fast" your aquatic friends??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2