UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Discus Hand feeding

Go down 
+2
KingBichir
strikingthematch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Discus Hand feeding Empty
PostSubject: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 8:39 pm

Got some really neat pictures of feeding. I wanted to take a video and I will at some point but this has taken all of one month (from the time I got them) but they have now warmed up to their tank and me. I started hand feeding them and it made a huge difference in how they viewed me. Once they started coming to the top of the tank and eating out of my hand they all start to follow me as I walked past the tank. Now when I gravel vac the tank they swarm around my hand haha. I now completely understand why people love these fish so much.

Enjoy the pictures!

Discus Hand feeding 05252010

Discus Hand feeding 05252011

Discus Hand feeding 05252012

Discus Hand feeding 05252013

Discus Hand feeding 05252014

Discus Hand feeding 05252015

Discus Hand feeding 05252016

Discus Hand feeding 05252017

Discus Hand feeding 05252018 Discus Hand feeding 393849
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime5/27/2011, 10:13 pm

thats cool, my cichlids know when i grab the food jar off top of the tank and they know when im just looking at them. and my angels swarm the surface of teh water when i come up to the tank. my favorite thing is when i use the gravel vac they try and eat some of the stuff in the tube.
Back to top Go down
mastersdiscus
Private
Private
mastersdiscus

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 4:44 pm

Nice fish. They look like EJ's. I have a bunch from some earlier batches. In fact they may have been in my tanks before. did you split a bunch with a friend in Richmond? What else do you have in Discus?
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 5:19 pm

they look healthy
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 5:27 pm

You have a good eye they are in fact those exact ones! These are my first 6. I plan to get more fairly soon as well.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 8:57 pm

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Randy
Private
Private
Randy

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:12 pm

Very Cool!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:21 pm

Have to upload a video sometime haha if I hold the food in my hand so that they can't get at it they will peck my fingers till I open up. I have owned lots of fish but these are at the top of the list. They are still fairly small but it is amazing to see their growth rate! I hope they all grow close to full size I think it would be pretty amusing hand feeding 6+ inch discus haha might actually feel those pecks!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:27 pm

Haha I agree. I can't wait to see what my male venustus does to me when he is full grown. He is about 5in atm and pecks my hand like crazy if I don't put the tubifex worms where he can get to them.
Back to top Go down
mastersdiscus
Private
Private
mastersdiscus

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:35 pm

strikingthematch wrote:
Have to upload a video sometime haha if I hold the food in my hand so that they can't get at it they will peck my fingers till I open up. I have owned lots of fish but these are at the top of the list. They are still fairly small but it is amazing to see their growth rate! I hope they all grow close to full size I think it would be pretty amusing hand feeding 6+ inch discus haha might actually feel those pecks!

how about a picture of the parents to go with it. They are about 6 and 6 plus inches

How many 14 bar juvies did you get in you bunch? those may do something exceptional.

Discus Hand feeding Ej1110

Discus Hand feeding Ej1010

Last edited by mastersdiscus on 6/2/2011, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:37 pm

They look very nice as well.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:37 pm

Thanks for posting those! They made some very pretty babies haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discus Hand feeding   Discus Hand feeding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discus Hand feeding
Page 1 of 1