UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Discus feeding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Discus crazy i have serpae and neon tetras fancy guppys in every color swordtails mollies cichlids a catfish thats 2 feet long by himself well except for his turtle friend groumi tons of aquatic plants

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 7:17 pm

Okay so I have a question what should my daily feeding schedule be for a 3 inch discus
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 9:45 pm

breakfast, lunch, dinner, and one for a treat before bedtime. make it at least an hr before lights out. dont forget with all that feeding you have to chage out alot more water too.
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Discus crazy i have serpae and neon tetras fancy guppys in every color swordtails mollies cichlids a catfish thats 2 feet long by himself well except for his turtle friend groumi tons of aquatic plants

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 11:52 pm

okay thanks and how many hours of light
Back to top Go down

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 11:55 pm

Lighting is more for plants than fish. If you have live plants 8 to 12 hours a day. If algae starts growing cut it back and add more plants.
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 12:02 am

k thx
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 12:56 am

Actually it is recommended to feed discus not full grown 5 times a day. I do it morning noon and when i get home from work ...have a cheapo self feeder do it at 2 and 6 so about every 3-4 hours...sometimes I miss a feeding, but I make sure they get at least 4 a day usually 5 and I mix food up. I have 6 types of frozen(beef heart, spirulina brine, reg. brine, mistic shrimp, daphinia, and marine medley) and I also feed them flakes (beef heart, earth worm, regular with garlic, freeze dried blood worms, tubiflex worm(very rarely), and freeze dried brine with seaweed. They also eat seaweed sushi wrappers and pick at the plecos food. I just started with discus, but if you read TFH magazine Jack Watley has some awesome Q&A section.

Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 12:59 am

thx elrollo ill be sure to do that
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 1:02 am

Ken's fish has a bunch of food realitvely inexpensive...I like the beef heart and earth worm flake from him. It does not cloud the water like a few others I had did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discus feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discus feeding   Discus feeding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discus feeding
Page 1 of 1