UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Updated 40-gal

Go down 
+5
Ben
ornate12
strikingthematch
CajunGator
TankGirl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 8:03 pm

Here is my 40-gal tank that I've not known what to do with lately. I pruned the &%*$ out of it and rearranged some things. I'll be adding two P. leopoldi angels to the tank very shortly, as they are too lonesome in their tank since losing their siblings not too long ago. Consolidation time!

This tank contains ember tetras, het rasboras and a pair of wild caught M. ramirezi, or your common ram cichlid. I would not normally consider adding angels to a tank with rams but this one is so densely planted and the rams keep to the bottom and the back in caves, so there is plenty of hiding space. The wild caught angels are extremely docile and have eyes only for each other. They are not a pair and after owning them for 3 years I think it is safe to assume they're not going to become a pair, so they are not aggressive and do not bully other fish. They are quite timid, in fact, and that's why I want to put them in a community tank, since where they are they hide all the time. They would benefit greatly if I could find 3-4 more leopoldi angels, because they are more comfortable in numbers, like discus, but this is not an easy species to find. The last time I ran across any I did not have the $$$ to get them! I'll get pics once I move them in.

Updated 40-gal 40gal_May2011
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 8:24 pm

looking really good...

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 8:29 pm

Great looking tank! Plants are very nicely arranged. It is always a controlled chaos with a moderate to heavily planted tank and when you add the angels they will tank you for that open swimming room. Keep the pictures coming!
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 8:36 pm

Very Nice!! Thanks for sharing with us!!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 9:35 pm

Looks nice Liz. Can't wait to see the angels in it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 9:51 pm

One of the nicer plant tanks I have seen lately. Keep up the good job.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 12:43 am

Lot's of green and lot's of life. Very nice. I agree with Dr who.

good usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 1:27 am

I agree, love your tank layout, the banking of planting in the one corner, with balance in other and rock in the middle breaking up the monotony of sand56666666666666666lpt;l
(additional typing from my kitten)
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 7:48 pm

congratz !!! good looking aquascape Updated 40-gal 393849
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 9:31 pm

Thank you Kory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updated 40-gal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 40-gal   Updated 40-gal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated 40-gal
Page 1 of 1