UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

The wifes trip to WalMart

Go down 
+2
KMX
jon31072000
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jon31072000
Private First Class
Private First Class
jon31072000

Favorite Fish: : Hillstream Loach

The wifes trip to WalMart Empty
PostSubject: The wifes trip to WalMart   The wifes trip to WalMart Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 7:00 am

My wife and step daughter have been talking a while about picking up a betta for our now empty 10 gallon tank, and sure enough, they go to WalMart and come home hours later sporting 2 bowl type "Betta tanks" and a total of 4 bettas. Seems that someone at either WalMart or Petno told them that it was fine to keep them in those tiny half gallon bowls and they would be great. Now in saying this, I instantly did some reorganizing and got 2 males in their own 10 gallons, but that still left 1 male and 1 female to live in these tiny plastic boxes. We never even got the tiny tanks out of the boxes and went back to WM and returned all but one of the tiny tanks she bought and went over to petno and bought a nice 2.5 Gallon setup. I got a little short on cash, so we had to actually go back over to WM and get a 1 gallon setup with the intention of getting another 2.5 gallon setup next week, but both have a filter and are sharing a heater(a pain, but best I could do). Full time heaters are in the works next for these two. Love these little 2.5 gallons, what a perfect size, and with them on sale for $25 bucks, not a bad deal in a pinch. The 1 gallon is decent, but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. It comes with an undergravel filter that is just a plate to trap stuff and a cheesy light, but again, works in a pinch for under $10. I had an older filter setup from my frogs, so we use that in there till we can get the other tank. The 2.5 gallon actually sits in our bathroom and the 1 gallon is on my wifes bookshelf next to her computer so she can watch the fish swim.

Thanks all for reading, hope you enjoyed, and moral of this story, "Never let your fish addicted wife go off shopping alone." Happy Cinco de Miyo all. Jon.

The wifes trip to WalMart DSC02872

The wifes trip to WalMart DSC02871
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: The wifes trip to WalMart   The wifes trip to WalMart Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 8:20 am

Very nice! Well I am glad you got it all worked out and the betta are in a good place! The wifes trip to WalMart 102652
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: The wifes trip to WalMart   The wifes trip to WalMart Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 9:12 am

Nice Job !
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: The wifes trip to WalMart   The wifes trip to WalMart Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 11:36 am

You can always get a piece of foamboard, cut it to fit vertically in the 10G. Then soak it in sink to remove paper, scrub with sponge to remove glue, poke hole in with pencil to allow water current. Then put your homemade divider in the 10G and have two (or up to 4) different decent-sized cubicals for the bettas. The bettas can see each other through the holes, but not get to each other. And you have a fully cycling system, so water changes are minimal.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: The wifes trip to WalMart   The wifes trip to WalMart Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 1:40 pm

yep, wish i could block off their entrance also... WallyWorld will own the US on Day..
The wifes trip to WalMart 265353
Back to top Go down
kimert3
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, peacock cichlids, beginning to really like victorians and tanganyikans

PostSubject: Re: The wifes trip to WalMart   The wifes trip to WalMart Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 1:50 pm

Sounds like something I would do. Lol! Good for you for getting them all into good sized homes. The 1 gallon isn't ideal but the betta will be perfectly fine in it until you can upgrade. You might also look at Walmart online. They have 5 gallon set-ups (Hawkeye) for $25 that you can have shipped site-to-store. I don't personally have one but have heard good things and they are a little cheaper and bigger than the minibow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wifes trip to WalMart   The wifes trip to WalMart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The wifes trip to WalMart
Page 1 of 1