UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Texas chiclid Eye Worms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Madmax0r
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Madmax0r

Favorite Fish: : Texas Cichlids (mainly Herichthys cyanoguttatus), Rock bass, and other native Texas fish

Texas chiclid Eye Worms Empty
PostSubject: Texas chiclid Eye Worms   Texas chiclid Eye Worms Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 3:45 pm

So I have a few wild texas chiclids. one of the has a strange golden/white worm inside of the fluid of his eye. It appeared a week or 2 after being in the tank. He is the only one I have seen with this still to date. the worm is about 1/16 inches long and super skiny

It would be incredibly hard to get a picture of it but ill try if needed...

Does anyone know anything about this? I have never in my life seen a worm inside the fluid of the eye. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. wierd.

thanks in advance

-Buck
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Texas chiclid Eye Worms   Texas chiclid Eye Worms Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 8:44 pm

I hope you find out what it is. Never seen what your talking about.
Back to top Go down
Madmax0r
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Madmax0r

Favorite Fish: : Texas Cichlids (mainly Herichthys cyanoguttatus), Rock bass, and other native Texas fish

PostSubject: Re: Texas chiclid Eye Worms   Texas chiclid Eye Worms Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 11:06 pm

The only thing of size I have read about that can get into the eye is in the tapeworm group. this thing sure is small to be a tape worm. plus i'm not sure that knowing if it was even helps me. what kind of medicine could get inside an eyeball...
Back to top Go down
Madmax0r
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Madmax0r

PostSubject: Re: Texas chiclid Eye Worms   Texas chiclid Eye Worms Icon_minitime5/1/2011, 6:51 pm

well update on this,

They eye worm has disappeared now and I'm hoping to never see it again. the fish is still unchanged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas chiclid Eye Worms   Texas chiclid Eye Worms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas chiclid Eye Worms
Page 1 of 1