UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I wanna be like you when I grow up

Go down 
+14
strikingthematch
Shaysfishys
Keelo
proyect01
ornate12
hello2196
williemcd
Ben
KMX
CajunGator
Bruggen
MarkM
Holey Rock of Texas
LadyAqua
18 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyAqua
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : It was REd Jewels until mine paired (NO FRY) and refused to let me have any other. Newbie for Real.

I wanna be like you when I grow up Empty
PostSubject: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 2:01 pm

Hi all, I've been surfing and researching trying to educate myself on my LOVE for the lil fisheys. I have 4 small aquariums all in the renovation or start up and cichlids is my love. My 12 year old is in love with puffers but aside from Walmart we haven't found a provider. Thanks for all the info. I love reading your posts.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 3:01 pm

welcome. glad to have you here.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 3:27 pm

welcome2
Back to top Go down
Bruggen
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Bruggen

Favorite Fish: : Lepidiolamprologus Kendallis
Aulonocara Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 3:47 pm

Welcome!

hi
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 3:48 pm

usafishbox hi welcome2 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 3:54 pm

hi welcome2

<-- Kory , We have been talking to each other on the phone. Glad to see you here. Let me know if you need anything. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 3:58 pm

Welcome to the Box.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 4:10 pm

LA... first off:
welcome
Ya might be a bit overwhelmed from all the folks on here that wanna chime in on ANY question that comes to mind regarding your fishy friends.
Now.. ya say you're a fan of Cichlids... Africans, New Worlds?.. ya have a number of proponents of each.. and everything in between!!....I'll confess my bias.. Central American dwarf types... grow out to all of 3 inches (able to keep more) and usually very docile until they've got "loving on their minds"... Discus, Angles, Apistos at this end.
Oh.. one parting shot.. this is one of the rare occasions/sites where you're encouraged to pull out your wallet and share the "family" pics.you'll not bore anyone I think. Bill
Back to top Go down
hello2196
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
hello2196

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 5:24 pm

Hi LadyAqua, welcome to the Box!
welcome

It's great to have you, especially considering that makes me no longer the youngest in the crowd yes lol
it'll be great to have you here with us, myself I just got started into the world of fish a couple of months ago, fell in love with most oddball fish, anyways, great to have you.
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 5:26 pm

Hello and Welcome to the USAfishbox! Lots of friendly people
here!!

welcome welcome2 hi
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 6:07 pm

Welcome Pirates
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 7:29 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 7:34 pm

welcome - Lots of great people here that will more than glad to help you with any questions!!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 8:32 pm

Welcome! you will likely find all you need and more here cheers
Back to top Go down
bigmckyfan
Private First Class
Private First Class
bigmckyfan

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 9:35 pm

welcome!!
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 10:55 pm

Welcome to the "club".

If your child likes Puffers you might consider the South American Puffers (cute and much less aggressive)- you could mix them with South American "dwarf" Cichlids and satisfy both of you (if your tank is the right size).

I picked up a couple recently (still in quarantine) I will eventually be moving them in with my collection German Blue Rams (55 gallon).

Have Fun chicken dance

Julie
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Favorite Fish: : fish, fish, fish

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 10:58 pm

welcome2

i love those little green spotted puffers. they are so cute!!! i was trying to talk my hubby into letting me get another 10 gal tank just so i could have a couple of them. lol.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 3:26 am

Welcome to the Box ! Jump in , swim around , and enjoy the water . Lots of friends here to help and guide you along . And if you have some advice , be sure to add it !
Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be like you when I grow up   I wanna be like you when I grow up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wanna be like you when I grow up
Page 1 of 1