UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??

Go down 
+2
strawman1985
snowflake311
6 posters
AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Empty
PostSubject: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 7:27 pm

I have a 36 gal low tech planted tank. The lighting is 1.5 wpg I add Flourish root tabs, Excel and Iron sometimes. My plants have been growing like weeds.

Here is my plant list.
1 Onion plant
5 Crypt retrospiralis ( They are sending out runners)
2 Cryptocoryne pontederifolia
2 Watersprite + a bunch of little ones. This stuff grows like crazy
3 wisteria Some melted but it is coming back well now.
10 Dwarf Sagittaria subulata ( Sending out lots of runners too)

Here is the tank.
My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Planted36gal

My dwarf Sagittaria subulata is doing so well I am thinking Of moving some stuff around to allow a carpet to grow. I feel like my plants are kind of just thrown in the tank. What do you think I should move around any idead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 6:13 am

I say you leave them and let them grow where they are. My 75g started out with the 'throw in' look and now it looks very natural. my 75g pics.
What fish do you have in there?
The most I would do is clear up around that center white rock and leave that area as an open swim spot.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:28 pm

Yeah I'm going to leave the front open. Thanks.

It is stocked with.
1 keyhole
2 bolviana rams
6 xray tetras
3 red tail rasboras 3 years old I'm just eating for them to die off that's why I only have 3
1 bn pleco
1 crown pleco
1 betta this is a temp home for him.

It's fully stocked I would say almost over stocked but once the 3 old fish die it will be better. I know that is mean to say but ture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:33 pm

I would leave it be. Most of your fish are hiders and if you have plenty of hiding spots you will see them more.
I think it will look great once it grows in some.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:58 pm

Seeing my fish is not the problem they always out. The ram is always swiming showing off for food.

I was just looking to open up some other place so I could grow my grass. You think if I take the pink quartz rock out that would look better with more forground plants?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 2:03 pm

You could do a carpet plant near the no fishing sign. If you could stand up the quartz and plant around it that would look good.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 8:43 pm

So I took the rose quartz out and put all my dwarf sag in it's place. I like it better that way.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 9:59 pm

I like how ur tank looks. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 6:28 am

Fern wrote:
I say you leave them and let them grow where they are. My 75g started out with the 'throw in' look and now it looks very natural. my 75g pics.
What fish do you have in there?
The most I would do is clear up around that center white rock and leave that area as an open swim spot.

My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? 858205 My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? 858205
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 7:39 am

Your tank looks AWESOME!!!!

yes
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 11:26 am

Your tank looks good!! My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? 393849 I say, just let it grow out. If the tall plants send runners toward the front, trim them and move them to the back or offer them for sale. Keep the front low and just have patience (I know that's hard!! lol! ), and allow it to do its thing in a natural form.

Keep up the good work! good I love a nice planted tank!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 12:44 pm

Your tank looks very nice! yes I probably wouldn't change anything just let it grow out on it's own. The only thing I might do is remove whatever is reddish in the left hand side of the picture. It isn't natural looking from my view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??   My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 36 Gal planted need to move stuff around Idea??
Page 1 of 1