UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Empty
PostSubject: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 12:40 am

well i think i have an issue, well i had a very nice betta in my 55 for a temporary home for him. but a few days later he disappeared no body no nothing. then tonite i have not seen my swordtail male, no body nothing is seen ive looked thick and thin in my tank but nada, and i lost a balloon body ram. so i think my issue lies with my clown knife since hes gooten bigger than 7 inches and hes got the biggest mouth to swollow all of them with ease. so my next question is how fast can i move my community. im just moving 6 of my fish in my 100 since tomorro will be the water change in my 100 gallon and it has been a week since i put any fish in there. all i have now in there is 4 black skirted tetras, 2 swordtail females, a balloon molly, dojo loach, horse face loach kuhlis, 4 discus(im not worried about them since their good size), my docile centipede knife, and a cory. probably missed some but cant see them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 1:10 am

Pilli that is a real dangerous mix that you have there, Black skirts are well known nippers and the discus are slow mover. The mollies and swordtails can pass disease to the discus easily. and the knife may be docile but when the lights go out and anything gets close it will be food. They are sudden attack feeders just waiting for something to come close.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 5:54 am

i used to have swordtail's and mollies. its true what vixen states the spread sickness like wildfire in the tank the only one i have left its a Florida wild Dalmatian molly i pick up in a local canal.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 8:44 am

ya my swordtails and mollys i had for a long time and they havent given me problems and i know my centipede knife is not mean is bc he has a very very smal mouth it would barely bite any fins ive looked at his mouth its smaller than those spaghetti o's can food lol, and the black skirted tetras i had as well and they hav never done anything wrong until i put in 2 angels and the big one killed one of them. i still have the little one but i am going to get rid of him soon bc he bullies everyone. my discus scares most of my fish away and have not seen them getting beat up. that why i still have them and that i had them for a long time.
i know its my clown knife bc he has the biggest mouth and when i couldnt afford bloodworms, well i think he turned to my other fish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 9:28 am

Remember a fishes mouth can be deceiving it can stretch like rubber. It still sounds like a timebomb waiting to explode. Yes clowns knifes will eat anything in site also.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 9:37 am

well once the mollys and swords do get old and die then i will not get anymore but since i had them before i can not get rid of them as some are ones that i raised from fry. i cant keep the discus separate unless they can handle an oscar so they will be stuck with my community and i have looked at my centipede at nite and all he does that ive seen him do his swim to one plant after another and sleep. when my clown knife moves everyone runs away.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 9:46 am

FishVixen wrote:
Pilli that is a real dangerous mix that you have there, .
uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 858205

Don't be surprised if you have more MIA.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 9:59 am

well i cant do anything bout really i have to get rid of some tanks and keep my fish in the 100 until they get older and die. i cant get rid of them either since my boyfriend likes them as well and it would be very hard for him to let me get rid of them. if any molly or tetra looks sick they are immediately moved into a qt tank. use meds and water changes and what ever i can do to clear what ever they have. i am careful at wat my fish looks like if i see something that doesnt look right i move them just in case.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 11:06 am

i really want to know how fast i can move my fish tho, im doing a water change now in my 100. i just moved 6 last nite. so how fast can i move them? my clown will be a permanent resident in my 55 he wont be moved. my others will be unless mean then will be moved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 11:31 am

what do you mean by how fast? I've moved over 15 fish at once just watch your parameters closely for a mini cycle. If you have enough live plants it should be no problem
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 11:43 am

well the live plants is no problem lol i have it planted very well, just fast enough that i dont lose anymore of my community really i dont have a whole lot left on the them but ive gotten really attached to them since most i had since they were frys. i will be using my 55 filter cartridge and clean it in my 100 to help with bacteria on that as well to help it from going into a mini cycle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 11:48 am

sounds like a plan to me. The live bearers can all be moved at once IME. How many are you going to move?
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 11:50 am

balloon molly, 4 black skirted tetras, 2 female swordtails, maybe my horse face loach and my dojo but have not decided yet. well i may just leave them in my 55 just in case a mini-cycle goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 11:52 am

That's should be an easy move. I doubt you would have a mini cycle. I thought you were moving like 30 fish at a time.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 11:57 am

i moved 6 last nite, but no i dont have a large selection on community fish, most died from the angel beating them up. and ive lost 2 from someone eating them. it had to me big mouthed fish bc my male was over 3 inches and my betta was probably 4 or 5 with his fins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 12:02 pm

Can you list everything you have as far as fish and tanks you are keeping maybe we can work it out for you so you don't lose anyone.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 12:17 pm

100:
2 balloon body rams
1 german blue ram
3 mollys
3 balloon mollys
7 swordtail fry (no more than an inch and half and surprised they lived)
4 female bettas
1 black skirted tetra

55:
1 zigzag eel(3 inches)
1 stripped peacock eel(3 inches)
1 fire eel(4 inches)
1 black ghost knife(4 inches)
1 clown knife(7 + inches)
1 african brown knife(3 inches)
1 centipede knife(3 inches)
2 swordtail females(4 inches each)
1 balloon molly(2.5 to 3 inches)
4 black skirted tetras(3 inches)
4 albino plecos( varies biggest one 3 inches)
3 or more regular bn plecos(varies 3 inches)
1 L333 king tiger pleco(3 inches)
1 clown pleco(3 inches)
5 kuhli loachs(adults maybe 3 inches)
1 dojo loach(tried to find some more but they havent been very nice)(4 inches)
1 horse face loach(4 inches
1 small angel(going to get rid of it as the other bigger one killed the other 2 and attacked the other fish and killed some as well)(2.5 inches)
4 discus( 2 4.5, 2 3.5 inches)

20 long:my 6 wild caught discus(waiting for 100 to be established enough for them, hint that why my community is first in there)
1 male betta

10:
3 male bettas

10:
4 female bettas(still sick but getting better long road ahead of them)

10:
1 male betta
oodles of corys that i need to move

2.5:
male betta

1.5:
1 male betta

getting rid of 6 gallon
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 12:20 pm

thats all my fish and tanks clown knife will stay in 55 until he gets to big.
others will be moved to 100 unless proven evil. never had problem with devil(fire eel), hes been with me over 5 months or longer and hes been with fry and has not eaten them. he might of grown an inch but not much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 12:43 pm

looking it over now
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 12:47 pm

lol i read all as well, def not my eels since all my fish are the same size as them, could be my black ghost or african but my african knife gets bullied by my fish so i know its not him and he runs away from everything very shy fish. not my centipede knife as it says its not aggressive and leaves everyone alone which is wat my centipede does, half the time i have to see if hes even alive bc he looks dead. my clown could be a def yes as hes the biggest and has the biggest mouth. my black ghost does not leave his plant unless being fed. oh i have petricola catfish but def not him lol hes maybe 3 inches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 1:12 pm

okay this is my opinion

100 gal
all the rams (3)
all the mollies (7)
all the swordtalis (9)
female bettas (4)
albino plecos (4)
BNP (3 or more)
all kuhli loaches (5)
discus (4)
corys (at least 6)
eventually the 6 WC discus and the other female bettas
move black skirt to 55

be sure there is plenty of cave it the 100 for plecos, female bettas and other bottom dwellers.

when 20 is free seperate into 4 sections for a wonderful bettas display
divide 10 gal into 2 sections for betta display
when female bettas are returned to 100 gal seperate into 2 sections for betta display
trade angel into LFS for credit

leave everything not listed in 55 gal.

Like I said this is I would do from my years of experience.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 1:14 pm

i cant leave them in there, as it will be my bfs tank and it will have the oscar in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 1:27 pm

well all I can suggest then is you have to get rid of some unfortunately in this hobby that's the breaks. We can't have everything.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 1:39 pm

ya i understand but if anything, i will get rid of my community and keep my eels and knife fish as they have become very personable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime11/21/2010, 1:42 pm

that's the fun of this hobby it's very personal to each individual. In time you can get them back if you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100   uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

uumm how fast can i move my community fish in my 100
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next