UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Empty
PostSubject: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 9:00 am

I have one red tail shark that is getting routinely picked on- not actual fighting, just that it's getting chased and stressed and not being allowed to eat enough. It's still fairly young but isn't growing as much as the larger one, plus it displays stressed behaviors- lack of color, remaining solitary from all other fish, etc. It is in good physical condition (i.e. no scars or torn fins) but just small and not well colored, but that should change once it is rehomed to a less aggressive tank where it can get enough to eat and feel safe. These fish can get up to 6 inches so please research before adopting it. It is pick-up only unless someone really wants to pay shipping and someone else can help me ship the fish correctly. I really like the little guy but my bigger red tail is just too much for it. I am asking no adoption fee plus shipping if you so choose and if I can get advice on it. Thanks for your consideration!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by S&FW_FishyFriend on 10/12/2009, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 10:31 am

Bump*** Now FREE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 10:32 am

I would take him if I could but I don't have a tank he would work in
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 10:34 am

Awww, shoot! Thanks for the thought at any rate!
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:18 pm

ill take it.
what part of ft. worth u in?
im near the north east mall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:29 pm

S&FW_FishyFriend wrote:
I have one red tail shark that is getting routinely picked on- not actual fighting, just that it's getting chased and stressed and not being allowed to eat enough. It's still fairly young but isn't growing as much as the larger one, plus it displays stressed behaviors- lack of color, remaining solitary from all other fish, etc. It is in good physical condition (i.e. no scars or torn fins) but just small and not well colored, but that should change once it is rehomed to a less aggressive tank where it can get enough to eat and feel safe. These fish can get up to 6 inches so please research before adopting it. It is pick-up only unless someone really wants to pay shipping and someone else can help me ship the fish correctly. I really like the little guy but my bigger red tail is just too much for it. I am asking no adoption fee plus shipping if you so choose and if I can get advice on it. Thanks for your consideration!

why not just put him in a 10 gallon QT tank temporarily? you could move him back when he gets larger
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/19/2009, 10:54 pm

thanks a lot. it went from light black to pitch black in less than 10 min. its already swimming around in the group.
ill get some pics soon.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/19/2009, 11:02 pm

Glad to hear that it's much happier... sounds much better than in my tank. Look forward to the pics!
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 7:34 pm

sorry the pics are so bad, they are from my phone.
he seems to be confused about my black yellow tail aceis
they are the only fish he has been chasing.

Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 10:09 pm

Looks great... seems much happier
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 11:13 pm

If those are real plants good.

I can't stand plastic plants, they make the tank look so ghetto. I buy plants that will tolerate any kind of fish/water condition. Examples include egeria densa(brazillian waterweed, java moss(almost nothing will eat it), duckweed, amazon ferns, and taiwan moss). My fish so far haven't touched my amazon sword, probably because I sprayed it with lemon peel oil. So far it hasn't done anything to the tank so I'm fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 7:26 am

He does look much better!

Phil I fully agree on the fake plant thing. I have only 2 fake plants in my tanks and I have them wrapped in java moss [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But my 75g is so heavily planted I always have spare cuttings to put into my other tanks. One other to add to your list is southern waternymph. I haven't seen any of my fish try to eat it and it seems pretty hardy.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 9:13 am

Where would I obtain some of this moss looking substance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 9:25 am

here is the description of it with pics. most LFS that have plants should have it or look on some online stores. I think I pay $4 an ounce for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE   FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREE- Red Tail Shark- Fort Worth, TX- Pick-Up- FREE
Page 1 of 1