UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

To much heater?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

Favorite Fish: : Discus..

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 1:39 pm

Hey all.
I am looking for a heater for a 20g. It gets super cold here in the winter, single digits at times. I am looking for a heater for a 20g tank and am wondering if it is possible to buy to many watts for a smaller tank. I need 300w in my 50g to keep it at 86" with a smaller back up in there.
I would like to buy a higher watt heater for the 20g for use down the road and wondering if a 25ow etc. would just be to much for a smaller tank?
Anyone have any experience with this?

im stupid
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 3:48 pm

all I can say is .....wow! 86???
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 5:10 pm

cwhip wrote:
all I can say is .....wow! 86???

Yes, 86 for my Discus tank.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 5:21 pm

I don't think it would be a problem I had a 150w in a 20g for my angels...
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 6:05 pm

I have a 200W in a 10 gallon tank... it works just fine. I always bought the larger heaters because there is only a $4 difference between the 50 and 200watt. I would rather have the ability to place a heater in any of my tanks and have it work instead of being limited to a small one... Of course as ascetics are concerned it does not look so good haha.
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 6:49 pm

strikingthematch wrote:
I have a 200W in a 10 gallon tank... it works just fine. I always bought the larger heaters because there is only a $4 difference between the 50 and 200watt. I would rather have the ability to place a heater in any of my tanks and have it work instead of being limited to a small one...

My thoughts exactly.. I just don't want to over do it.
Back to top Go down
maconbits
maconbits

Favorite Fish: : DISCUS

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 7:04 pm

Hey -3de- what kind of discus is that in your avatar pic, cause i want one lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To much heater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To much heater?   To much heater? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To much heater?
Page 1 of 1