UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Spawning Again

Go down 
+3
lifeisgood
jessecichlidguy
SchutzhundJunkie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 9:03 pm

My German Blues Rams are spawning again Spawning Again 265353

I did a 50% water change on Sunday. They have been playing house since the last time when they eggs were eaten. She has been looking loaded with eggs for several days. I imagine there are quite a few. They have almost doubled their size since I brought them home. I am comparing them to the other female who isn't growing as well. I have been feeding them twice per day.

I removed mr shark on Sunday.

Wish us luck. Maybe we will get some wigglers in a few days?

Julie
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 1:11 am

best of luck
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 4:42 am

Good Luck !!! Love the babies !!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 8:26 am

Good luck! Spawning Again 102652
Back to top Go down
brokeashell
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
brokeashell

Favorite Fish: : Peacock Cichlids

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 8:34 am

Sounds great, good luck! Spawning Again 393849
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 11:53 am

cool. good luck.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 11:54 am

very nice, keep us posted on sucess..
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime3/30/2011, 11:43 am

The female ate all of the eggs again about 12 hours before they were supposed to hatch. the male was very attentive but got distracted. I pulled out the flounder (moved him to his perm home in the brakish tank). There is only one dither fish and rams in there now. Last Sunday when I was out of town again- I brought home 2 more GBR that I picked up for a steal 2/$5.49 (mis labled). I thought they were a male & female but they are about 1/2 the size- I was right. So now I have 2 male and 3 females....

Two more have paired up (not sure if one is my older single female or newer female). At any rate my older/lonely female looks better. She colored up and started flirting as soon as the new fish were added.

These little guys are crazy tough. Challenging the bigger GBR. I am thinking about moving all of them into the new 55 that I set up about 4 weeks ago. I litterally loaded it with driftwood and rocks and the tank is cycling very nice (still just thinking out-loud about it). I want to add more substrate before hand and move in some more plants. It may be another week or so away. I also have an empty 20 gallon so I could move 1 pair into. Not sure what to do. How many tanks do I need to breed a few Rams?

I have read that some breeder suggest that you take out both male and female or the female only so the eggs have some chance to hatch but I was hoping that I could just place one of those breeder nets over the clutch and maybe the male will still be able to raise the fry?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spawning Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Again   Spawning Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawning Again
Page 1 of 1