UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Got a Surprise Yesterday...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oscarlover007
Private First Class
Private First Class
oscarlover007

Favorite Fish: : Oscars and Jacks

Got a Surprise Yesterday... Empty
PostSubject: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 1:10 pm

Went to get a female guppy, she was hard to catch and they accidentally grabbed some gravel in the net they caught her in..Get it home, empty it and notice there is this little snail in the bag. Now it is climbing all over my tank lol! Problem is, how do you care for a snail? Never had one! TIA.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 7:14 pm

Most snails usually dont need any care and usually 1 turnes into 500000! lol they will eat any uneaten food or w/e else like algae. if you really wanted to you can put an algae wafer in there for it.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 8:03 pm

Or a leaf of Romaine lettuce , or other fresh veggie.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 8:11 pm

yeah all my snails go crazy over the zuccini i put in for my pleco. What i do to anchor it down is i have a designated fork that i put it on and then drop it in the tank. I tied a string to the fork so i can pull it out without sticking my hand in the tank all the time :)
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 8:32 pm

I always remove the seeds in the Zucchini before it goes in the tank.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 8:48 pm

is there a reason its good to remove the seeds? i know my fish love eating the seeds... pretty much everything in the tank chows on it.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 8:55 pm

I only put them in my Pleco Breeder tanks . They don't eat them and they just end up in the filter . The Romaine leafs on the other hand ,, most all my Plecos and other herbivores Love !
Back to top Go down
oscarlover007
Private First Class
Private First Class
oscarlover007

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 1:17 am

Thanks for the advice. Since getting this cute little free one, I went out and bought two black mystery snails. How impulsive of me haha

They are cool to watch and they eat algae dance
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 2:42 am

Here is a e-mail address for a woman name of Dawn ( Biskees ) She makes a great sinking snail bisket that has everything a snail loves and needs in it . It also has Calcium as an ingredient . Snails need calcium in their diet for their shell formation.

bonnyvale@roadrunner.com

She is good people and sells a good product. All mt snails and other herbivores love it.
Ray
Back to top Go down
oscarlover007
Private First Class
Private First Class
oscarlover007

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 2:55 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a Surprise Yesterday...   Got a Surprise Yesterday... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a Surprise Yesterday...
Page 1 of 1