UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Hiyo from Virginia Beach!

Go down 
+12
Cichlid Lover
proyect01
Shaysfishys
steves_kiki
Ben
Elrollo
Keelo
williemcd
Bruggen
BFinley
KMX
zeashness
16 posters
AuthorMessage
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Empty
PostSubject: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:23 am

So after watching my husband (strikingthematch) come to this forum about a billion times, I finally cracked down and decided to join myself. I'm honestly just a spectator of his hobby, and can really only claim one of our fish as my own (Morpheus, my little blue beta). And I suppose the diamond tetras he got me (his idea of buying me diamonds for V-Day :P). Once we're completely finished with it, we'll get some decent pictures up, but I'm the one who spent hours carving out rocks for our 3D rock wall background we decided to attempt to make for our 120 tank. Doesn't look too shabby if I say so myself. I'm actually having my try at being an amateur freelance artist, so maybe I can talk striking into letting me jazz up his fish room he's working on, and I'll be sure to post pictures of that as well. And maybe any fish paintings that I decide to do.

Anywho, nice to meet you guys!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:27 am

usafishbox welcome2

I respect him so much more now. He got his women on to the forum! Most want to kill b/c to many tanks...booo who lol!

I like the diamonds...that is a good fish idea lol!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:32 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:32 am

Oh, I still want to kill him. But right now the love meter is higher lol.

The moment I saw the diamonds (about two months ago), I knew I had to have them. We actually got this really cool 15 gal tank off CL maybe 2 weeks ago that has a metallic frame, and I plan on having them permanently go in there. Now it's just a matter a place to put it.
Back to top Go down
Bruggen
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Bruggen

Favorite Fish: : Lepidiolamprologus Kendallis
Aulonocara Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:39 am

Welcme!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:41 am

Welcome to the box. Striking is well respected.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:45 am

Indeed. The amount of knowledge and information he has accumulated about aquariums and fish and cycling etc within the past several months still astounds me. Wish I had that kind of motivation. Now if only he can take that energy and put it towards building me a fireplace mantel lol.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:07 am

We might have a barter opportunity here! I built my first fireplace mantle 30 years ago! Built the fireplace too but that took 2 years! (Seems I did a lot of stuff 30 years ago......)... I actually found a cherry tree in a farm field. approached the farmer and bought the tree standing for $100.00. it was a massive cherry tree prob 14" in diameter. Had a buddy with a car-trailer haul it to a lumber yard and they trimmed it to an 8" X 8", 12 feet long. Took it to my home, coated each end (6-8 inches) with paraffin (wax). Supported the length with 2 by 2's every couple of feet to eliminate warping. This was in my kitchen! The wax suppressed splitting and drying too fast. Turned that sucker 1/4 turn every day for a solid year! Turned out beautifully... actually sold the house when the time came..
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 11:19 am

Welcome :) Hiyo from Virginia Beach! 265353
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 2:35 pm

Welcome to the Box love to meet the people behind the people
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 3:25 pm

Welcome to the box. hi
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 4:00 pm

Welcome! I remember the story about the diamond tetras... cute story! Glad you are starting to love the hobby as well!
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 4:22 pm

Hiyo from Virginia Beach! 265353 welcome Hiyo from Virginia Beach! 265353
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 4:45 pm

Welcome
Pirates
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 7:07 pm

We are glad your here. welcome Hiyo from Virginia Beach! 393849
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 7:21 pm

I suppose I should comment here too haha. I figured she would join after she saw me writing paragraph after paragraph on here! Good you have you with me my dear!
Back to top Go down
cwillis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
cwillis

Favorite Fish: : all of them that the problem but I do favor the shubunkins.

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 8:26 pm

hi from Florida, welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 8:29 pm

He's lucky to have you, to share with his hobby! Hello and Welcome to the Box!
Lots of nice people here!

welcome welcome2 welcome
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 9:52 am

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome! Hiyo from Virginia Beach! 393849
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 11:12 am

welcome.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 5:55 pm

you really are !!! yes
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 6:13 pm

Zeahness.. you may come to rue the day ya hooked up with this motley crew.... chicken dance
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 6:44 pm

Bah, never! Heck, I love you guys so much already, I'm spending the better of the next 3-4 hours making you guys cookies for tomorrow's meetup lol. Nom nom nom
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 6:46 pm

We wont turn down cookies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiyo from Virginia Beach!   Hiyo from Virginia Beach! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiyo from Virginia Beach!
Page 1 of 1