UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

if there be a fish god!!!

Go down 
+2
2SciCrazed
scottyofala
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scottyofala
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
scottyofala

Favorite Fish: : angels, discus, fronts,plecos,and well i just like them all!!!!!!

if there be a fish god!!! Empty
PostSubject: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 3:15 pm

if there be a fish god, i have managed to piss him off!!!! two weeks ago i lost all but two frontosa. then today i can in from working in the yard, to find all of my angels at the top of the tank like they were feeding. so i went to see what they were up to and i saw it......125 was the timp in the tank!!!!!! (tuff little fish!) they werent eating they were starving for air! well i did a quick water change and got the timp to 75 and took out the heater. then i noticed a dead bichardi and then another...and so on. 5 in totel. bichardi...(not so tuff a fish)!!!! that freekin sucks!!!!! if there be a fish god!!! 196631 so im just wandering if iv mad the gods of all fish a bit upset with me? (sorry mike205) i had no idea that brand new heater would cr@p out on me! and it was sat to the lowest setting. maby i miss the post that said ( WHATCH YOUR FREEKIN HEATERS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!) well i guess ill just have to start over.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 3:23 pm

Sorry for your bad luck. You really do have to watch new heaters like a hawk in order to make sure they aren't defective. Can't believe how many are.

Bag up your fish (freeze them if you can't make it back to the store tomorrow) If you just purchased the heater in the last week - I'd make the LFS replace everything right then and there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 4:33 pm

That is why I use space heaters to heat the room.
Back to top Go down
scottyofala
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
scottyofala

Favorite Fish: : angels, discus, fronts,plecos,and well i just like them all!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 4:45 pm

well i just tryed to keep them at 82. and the heater hasnt been cutting on and off. so t didnt think there would be a prob.im gonna go back to the el cheepo from walmart. that dang thing always works right.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 4:48 pm

aww scotty! im sorry everyone seems to be having some bad luck with fish recently maybe the fish god is just PMSing.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 5:25 pm

FishVixen wrote:
That is why I use space heaters to heat the room.

I'm envisioning 24 students per class and their comments if I used your technique if there be a fish god!!! 998851

I did have a bit of bad luck recently myself. Woke up Wed morning and thought it was a tad cold. Wandered through the house to the thermostat and realized hubby had left 'cool' on. It was 45 outside, 57 inside. Talk about some cooooooold fish in all but my two heated tanks.

That afternoon I noticed that one of my male bettas was covered in ick. He'd been fine (but cold) that morning - and none of the other bettas in the divided up tank had it. Must've been more suseptable to temp stress (might be from a more linebreed line). Been battling it since. He's now healing up in an isolation tank.

Yep, Posidan's angry!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 2:17 am

what brand of heater are we talking about?
you get what you pay for in this hobby. sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 5:20 am

"Marineland has issued a voluntary recall on the Stealth Pro Heater on sizes 100-300 watts. This product is being recalled due to quality issues. If you have this product please stop using this immediately. Unplug the heater from the tank and allow it to cool 15 minutes and then remove it."
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 5:30 am

mine was already returned and replaced. but I still only use cheap heaters for w/c's not to heat my tank.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 5:55 am

Hey Cindy ,,,, W/C's ???
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 5:57 am

water changes. sorry its a habit. like cuc,ph,tds,gph the list go's on:)
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 9:13 am

i have about 5 used heaters and i got to knock on wood cuz i haven't got any problem with those yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if there be a fish god!!!   if there be a fish god!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

if there be a fish god!!!
Page 1 of 1