UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New Fish- Bumblebee Goby

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Empty
PostSubject: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 6:49 pm

I brought home some tiny bumblebee goby's today from an out of town pet store. They are hard to come by up here, so when I saw them at $2.49 each I grabbed some. They will reside in my brackish "puffer feeder" tank as tank mates to the 3 mollies. I also picked up about 50 baby snails for 10/$1 (the sales clerks think I am crazy but then I explained that puffers need to eat them and then they worked hard finding junk snails)... The puffers are doing excellent and have become our favorite fish. I am excited about the bumblebee goby's though New Fish- Bumblebee Goby 690297

I took out all the fiddler crabs and gave them to my neighbor daughter last night. I gave her my old 5 gallon hex last week with a little filter and she turned it into a crab shack. I had thought my crabs were escaping- incidently I found all of them. They like to bury themselves in the sand apparently. However after removing the crab cave I decided I could have some more fishes in there. I added another filter and moved some plants around. I am going to throw in a few large sea shells. I read the goby's like to use seashells as caves if they are large enough.

I will get some pics when I can.

Julie
Back to top Go down
cwillis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
cwillis

Favorite Fish: : all of them that the problem but I do favor the shubunkins.

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 7:30 pm

I love them! I haven't seen them in the fish store near me in a long time. Good luck with them, Congrats, I can't wait for the photos!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 9:41 am

New Fish- Bumblebee Goby 882645
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 4:40 pm

All 5 made it through the night alive :) I purchased extra bc/ I figured I would suffer losses.

Maybe a couple will migrate to my puffer tank in a few months or so? I was reading last night that "some" people have had no problem keeping them together. They say the puffers may interpret the yellow and black stipes as danger. If I do it I will keep them apart while they get used to seeing each other.

I will try to get some pics later- they are super small.

Julie
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 7:27 pm

New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Bbg1

New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Bbg2

eating a chunk of squid- at least they are eating.

New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Bbg4
Back to top Go down
cwillis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
cwillis

Favorite Fish: : all of them that the problem but I do favor the shubunkins.

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 9:06 pm

good thanks for the photos, congrats
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 9:15 pm

They look nice. Congratz
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 9:41 am

they look awsome!!!!
you should try and breed em
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 9:41 am

they look awsome!!!!
you should try and breed em
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 11:58 pm

I wanted to report that they are all still kickin' (bellies look nice and fat).... I was just feeding the fish their late meal and wanted to report that these guys will eat just about everything. I had read they only eat live or frozen foods. Not true. These guys eat flakes, dry shrimp/krill/bloodworms etc.

I also had noticed that many of my nerite snail egg sacks have disappeared. Now I know why- these guys are inhaling them as fast as they can lay them.

I am going to have to rethink the snails- I am glad they are feeding the bumblebee goby's but I wanted them to hatch for the puffers. I will have to "plant" some fresh water snail species in the other fresh water tanks and go that route.

Later,

Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fish- Bumblebee Goby   New Fish- Bumblebee Goby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fish- Bumblebee Goby
Page 1 of 1