UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

please read need help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Discus crazy i have serpae and neon tetras fancy guppys in every color swordtails mollies cichlids a catfish thats 2 feet long by himself well except for his turtle friend groumi tons of aquatic plants

please read need help  Empty
PostSubject: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 12:01 am

I am thinking about setting up a fluval edge 6 gallon aquarium for shrimp and i was wondering what plants can be put in there. How many shrimp, whats a good plant to make the tank look like it has grass. Any one who has owned one any advice
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 4:57 am

Naja/Guppy Grass , Java Moss , Christmas moss are all good for a shrimp tank . Also a piece of driftwood goes nice also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 7:48 am

you're going to want moss in the tank with shrimp in it. Quite a few shrimp can go in a 6 gal as most aquarium shrimp are quite small.
Back to top Go down
tomany
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : abn plecos right now. But it changes so much, I see a new fish and want to keep it, too. That's how I got so many tanks. I really want some rams and loaches now.

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 8:47 am

I use micro swords in my shimp tank, it looks just like grass, it grows slow and spreads.
I trim it down with scissors. The shrimp use it when they molt, it makes them a great hiding place until thier new shell hardens. Also you want to leave the old shell in the tank, the shrimp will eat them.
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Discus crazy i have serpae and neon tetras fancy guppys in every color swordtails mollies cichlids a catfish thats 2 feet long by himself well except for his turtle friend groumi tons of aquatic plants

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 7:27 pm

okay thx everyone could i cut a moss ball and use that as a grass apperance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 8:09 pm

The moss balls are dead on the inside. Micro chain sword will look good but it is high light.

What kind of shrimp are you looking at?
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 8:41 pm

Well either cherry or crystal red shrimp
Back to top Go down
tomany
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : abn plecos right now. But it changes so much, I see a new fish and want to keep it, too. That's how I got so many tanks. I really want some rams and loaches now.

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 9:06 pm

I don't have high light in my tanks, my micro swoard do grow but as I said the do grow slow, but thy do grow and spread.
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 9:10 pm

Okay soo do u think a piece of driftwood as a center piece with micro swords growing around it and like 20 shrimp
Back to top Go down
tomany
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 9:19 pm

Yep, and tie you some java moss or one of the other on your driftwood, RCS love the mosses. They like the moss ball, too. So you can throw some in there, too.
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 10:41 pm

okay thank you
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 10:48 pm

do you know where i could get some moss balls none where im at
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 10:51 pm

i ordered mine off the net
Back to top Go down
eli322
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 10:55 pm

okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please read need help    please read need help  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

please read need help
Page 1 of 1