UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amykins
Private
Private
Amykins

Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal? Empty
PostSubject: Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal?   Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal? Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Just joined the site from my old forum because all of its good members moved over here. :) I'm sure this has been asked, but what is roughly the length of time a betta's fins will grow back after fin rot, if ever? Mine recently had a bad bout just after I got him (dunno whether to blame myself or the breeder I ordered him from), and during treatment I stupidly used melafix not knowing it was bad for them. Algernon's fine, miraculously, but I'm deathly worried I just doomed him to having frayed fins forever because of it. He's all by himself in a nice 6 gallon Fluval Edge with some Nerite snails, and I've been doing weekly water changes to make sure the water is clean.

Aside from a bit of aquarium salt and water changes, is there anything I can do to help his tail heal faster? I've heard of "bettafix" but if salt and clean water are what's best, I'll keep that up. I just hope that his poor tail grows back, he was so unbelievably pretty before.

Last edited by Amykins on 2/2/2011, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal?   Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal? Icon_minitime2/2/2011, 8:57 am

Sounds like you are doing everything right!
It takes quite some time for their tails to grow back, patience is key.
Back to top Go down

Betta w/ Fin Rot - will his tail ever heal?
Page 1 of 1