UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Ich and fish with a slimmy look??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

Ich and fish with a slimmy look?? Empty
PostSubject: Ich and fish with a slimmy look??   Ich and fish with a slimmy look?? Icon_minitime9/25/2009, 10:48 am

So I bought this little severum from a store that I said I would nevr buy fro
. But this fish was just too cute.

It's a severum she looked ok the first 2 days then I noticed ich spots I started treating her with coppersafe she turned almost black. She has less ich spots on her but she hides all day and only comes out to eat. She still loves her food. The temp is up to 82f it's been a week of treatment and she has less spots But it looks like she has lots of extra slime coat.

I'm not really sure what extra sime coat looks like. But she looks like she has a trasparent whiteish film on her. It does not look like fungus. She looks slimy I was thinking it was extra slime coat to help her fight off the ich but now I'm wondering if it is more.

I am not treating her with clout it has worked wonders for me in the past.

She is still black and hides but loves to eat. Is the slime her coat or what could it be. I'm 100% sure she is fighting some ich. but I have never seen a fish look slimy it's like a white ish film on part of her body.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: Ich and fish with a slimmy look??   Ich and fish with a slimmy look?? Icon_minitime9/25/2009, 11:18 am

I'm thinking this fish could have both ich and Costia.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: Ich and fish with a slimmy look??   Ich and fish with a slimmy look?? Icon_minitime9/29/2009, 12:04 pm

Well the ich is all cleared up I'm still treating to make sure it is all gone. My fish seems to be doing better I'm doing daily water changes. She still eats her fins are fully healed they were all nipped when I got her. I think she will be fine. But that white film was really weird. Must have been extra slime coat due to irritaion from the parasites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ich and fish with a slimmy look??   Ich and fish with a slimmy look?? Icon_minitime9/29/2009, 12:36 pm

Just keep treating. Go the full 14 days, typical parasites life cycle.
Glad to hear its doing better.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: Ich and fish with a slimmy look??   Ich and fish with a slimmy look?? Icon_minitime10/2/2009, 3:33 pm

update:
Yeah the little guy is doing better. I'm done treating fir parasites. She got a secondry infection I'm treating her with maracyn and doing daily 80% water changes and she is looking better and better everyday. She is still eating and swims around.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm pretty sure she will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ich and fish with a slimmy look??   Ich and fish with a slimmy look?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ich and fish with a slimmy look??
Page 1 of 1