UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Hello fellow Oregonians!

Go down 
+7
istrober
Elrollo
Bemer
KMX
Shaysfishys
hatman
oo7genie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
oo7genie
Private
Private
oo7genie

Hello fellow Oregonians! Empty
PostSubject: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 10:11 pm

Hi there, Eugene, OR here. New to the site, found it through Craigslist. I've been looking for local aquarists to chat with for a while now. Looking forward to talking with some local Oregonians!

My current lineup:

90 Gallon Planted Rainbowfish Tank:
6 Green Neon Tetras
5 Boesemani Rainbowfish
5 Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish
5 Lake Tebera Rainbowfish
3 Otocinclus Catfish
3 Gold Apple Snails
1 Opaline Gourami
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Siamese Algae Eater
1 Bristlenose Ancistrus Pleco

55 Lake Malawi Mbuna Cichlid Tank:
4 Dogtooth Afra (1 male, 3 female)
2 Kenyi (male & female)
2 Auratus (male & female)
1 Yellow Lab
1 Albino Zebra
1 Acei
1 Maingano
1 Clown Pleco

46 Gallon Bowfront Planted South American Cichlid Tank:
2 Firemouth Cichlid
2 Jewel Cichlid
4 Otocinclus Catfish
1 African Featherfin Catfish
1 Albino Rainbow Shark
1 Bulldog Pleco
1 African Dwarf Frog

29 gallon observation/quarantine tank:
Currently prep soaking/leeching driftwood

20 gallon hospital/quarantine tank:
Roseline Shark, currently being treated for infected wound

Last edited by oo7genie on 1/9/2011, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatman
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
hatman

Favorite Fish: : I don't have favorite a fish, but I really enjoy my Christmas Fulu's. Also my 125g community tank.

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 10:17 pm

Not from Oregon, but welcome to the best forum around. welcome
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 10:23 pm

welcome hi

I'm somewhat local to you just to the north in Lebanon, wonderful to have you here. You'll find everyone to be helpful, good conversation and oh do they love pictures LOL

Working out some details for a meet & greet for us valley oregonians to get together chat fish & swap fry or extra fish stuff someone else may need. Shooting for the first part of March.
Back to top Go down
oo7genie
Private
Private
oo7genie

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 10:26 pm

I'm an amateur photographer as well, so pictures are a guarantee. :)

Keep me posted on the meet & greet, sounds like a great idea.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 11:44 pm

Hello fellow Oregonians! 41986

Sounds like you have quite a collection! I am intrested in those ranibow fish. Have herd great things about them. Looking at doing a planted tank soon and those have crossed my mind. You will fit in great here.... The Oregon Chapter is about to blow up so stick around!
Back to top Go down
Bemer
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Longnose Hawkfish
Gobies!

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 11:48 pm

There are a number of us in Corvallis just setting up saltwater tanks and/or trying to learn about seahorses. Any advice would be great!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 11:49 pm

Nice. More Oregon people! Hello fellow Oregonians! 553930
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 11:50 pm

not frome Oregon but I watch the logging shows on discovery lol! Welcome to the fishbox glad you found us.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/10/2011, 7:00 am

welcome to the Box!! im glad to have more people from other new places!!, feel free to post some pics when you have a chance... Hello fellow Oregonians! 393849
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/10/2011, 8:42 am

welcome hi
Back to top Go down
djonestwh
Private
Private
djonestwh

Favorite Fish: : African & SA Cichlids, Bettas

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 1:07 pm

Hello from the sunny side of the great State of Oregon!

Anyone here located east of the Cascades?

I just found this forum and haven't had a chance to fully explore it, but definitely will.

I just recently got back into the hobby of fish keeping after a 15-year hiatus...my how things have changed!

I currently have a 55-gallon cichlid tank with 2 Yellow Labs, 2 Aceis, 2 Dempseys and 1 Electric Blue Maingano (all between 3 - 4 inches) and a 20-gallon quarantine/growout tank with a single red-tailed shark in it. Planning to put him in the cichlid tank when he gets big enough to hold his own.

I will also be setting up a 175-gallon tank in the near future to house the Dempseys when they outgrow the 55-gallon.

I am totally fascinated with the Electric Blue variant JDs and eventually plan to breed them.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 1:10 pm

welcome hi
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 2:23 pm

welcome

Sunny & cold this time of year!!! But if you still ask me its God's country over there.
Back to top Go down
djonestwh
Private
Private
djonestwh

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 2:39 pm

Yep...I'll take sunny, cold and dry over cloudy, rainy and wet any day.

Hello fellow Oregonians! 265353
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 2:44 pm

This isn't rain LOL Western WA near the Sound now that's rain take this any day
Back to top Go down
djonestwh
Private
Private
djonestwh

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 3:26 pm

Point taken...but even the rainfall on the Olympic Peninsula is a literal drop in the bucket compared to what has been coming down in Queensland, AU.

Now, there's a place I am glad to not be right now, lol
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 4:16 pm

The Olympic Peninsula when we rode in & camped for a week didn't even rain as much as they've gotten in 24hours there.

Have a couple friends over there they say its the craziest thing they've ever been thru in their life!!
Back to top Go down
oo7genie
Private
Private
oo7genie

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 6:34 pm

Quote :
Anyone here located east of the Cascades?

I live in Eugene, but travel to Sun River from time to time, as my family has a vacation home they rent out in the area.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 6:55 pm

usafishbox hi welcome
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 8:01 pm

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Oregonians!   Hello fellow Oregonians! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello fellow Oregonians!
Page 1 of 1