UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

im back, planning for the future

Go down 
+5
mike205
KMX
istrober
CajunGator
jetajockey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jetajockey
Private First Class
Private First Class

im back, planning for the future Empty
PostSubject: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 5:22 am

Haven't popped in here in a while. We are moving to our (hopefully) permanent home in just a month, so I've been getting prepping to set up a proper fish room.

So far I have 10 40b's and several 10s/5s

And about a month back I scored 16 -15g tanks off of someone on CL for $60.

im back, planning for the future IMG00484-20101127-1329

I think the most amazing thing was actually fitting them all into my suv in one trip
im back, planning for the future IMG00485-20101127-1545

Updates coming=]
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:01 am

Cool welcomeback nice score
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:30 am

Welcome back jeta
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:35 am

Nice welcome back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:31 am

Very awesome score!
Welcome back! We have missed you!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 9:15 am

Very nice score! Going to build the racks yourself? Have you seen your future fish room?
Back to top Go down
jetajockey
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 4:05 pm

Still up in the air. I'm likely to buy prefab racks because im not much of a carpenter. We haven't found a house yet but we haven't started looking. Our lease is up here in feb, so we'll start looking in just a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 4:55 pm

Lowes/home depot has some pretty nice rack that hold that kind of weight!
good luck on your project!
yes
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:47 pm

nice
preparing well
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 2:23 am

Good luck !!! im back, planning for the future 393849
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 5:57 am

Welcome back!

I bought my metal shelves from Lowes that I keep the classroom tanks on. Mid/Top shelves can easily handle my 29T - but I had to lay good solid 3/4"x6" over the particle board to ensure strength (hubby the household carpenter recommended). Then just found some cheap waterproof tableclothes in the right colors at the dollar tree to tape over/around for better appearance/wood protection. Each bottom shelf has a 55G on it.

They are nice, and deep enough that I can hide equipment behind tanks, and squeeze part of me (or all of my kid worker) behind them if necessary. Or push them towards the back so that I have a 'work area' 16" deep in front of them.

They were the heavy duty shelves that can go 4 shelves high, or be split in two (that's how I use them) around $74 each last summer. You could easily fit 8 ten gallon tanks per shelving unit, with plenty of room between them to store your supplies.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 7:08 am

take some pics and post them, we love to see new stuff!! im back, planning for the future 690297
Back to top Go down
jetajockey
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 11:07 pm

an update with a few terrible camera phone pics of a score I got today. A nice SW guy on a local reef forum decided it was time to clear out his freshwater stuff.

$25 got
29G
20L
20H
10g
2.5g
4 tank lids

a large pirate ship and a large barrel decoration along with a few terra cotta pots

3 hang on heaters
an old school air pump
lights
2-36" fluoro lights 1 single lamp 1 double lamp
1- 24" double
1-30" double
1- 48" double

1- 36" coralife 96w x2 pc light
Fishroom here I come!
im back, planning for the future IMG00516-20110102-1342
im back, planning for the future IMG00517-20110102-1344
im back, planning for the future IMG00521-20110102-1345
im back, planning for the future IMG00523-20110102-1352
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 4:49 pm

You sir hit the jackpot with this one..
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 5:08 pm

Jackpot!!!!
Back to top Go down
jetajockey
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 6:25 pm

And today. Hello 125.

It's been drilled on the bottom in a few spots and then covered with glass and siliconed. Actually, all of my 40b's have the same thing because they were set up on a single system at some point.

I had to take the stand apart to fit it into the suv. I didn't mind too much because I plan to refinish it and reinforce it. Not sure if I want to put a sump in the bottom or not.

The woman I purchased it from said that she's had it for over 15 years, and before that it was in her uncle's restaurant in nashville. Cool thing is it still has a copper plate on it in the corner that says 'Please Don't Tap on Glass, It Hurts Our Ears'

I still need to build a canopy for it and a filtration system, but we still have a few weeks before we start looking for a new house, so I have time to finish piecing it together.

I paid her $100 for it. She had OBO listed, but I could tell that this tank really meant a lot to her sentimentally, so I had no problem paying the listed price.

im back, planning for the future DSC_0033
im back, planning for the future DSC_0044
im back, planning for the future DSC_0041
Back to top Go down
jetajockey
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 4:46 am

update- picking up a new tank (55g i think) in 3 or 4 hours, will update with pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im back, planning for the future   im back, planning for the future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

im back, planning for the future
Page 1 of 1