UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

What a freaking dilemma

Go down 
+4
istrober
alkomist
2SciCrazed
popebosephus
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 8:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok, well every size tank I've been considering in the last week is currently available reef ready for a $150 purchase price (no kidding). SO... what you think...

75rr (tank, stand, canopy)
90rr (tank stand canopy)
100rr (actually 60x18x20, 2 stands, tank, drilled 55 that was going to be a sump, ETSS reef devil deluxe, and ugly @$$ canopy with t5 retrofit)
125 rr (tank stand canopy).
Oh with a little side wheeling and dealing I can buy the 75 or 90 and trade for a 110 high.

Considerations:
1.) I want to go with t5 for lighting to minimize electricity hit. (I currently I lack interest in the 1000 dollar DIY LED builds)
2.) I actually already have a 36x14x10 acrylic sump that I can redo the baffling in.
3.) I have no clue how to actually determine plumbing needs of return pump sizing.

I think I'm leaning toward the 90.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:42 pm

well atleast I tried:)
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:44 pm

I heart your effort.
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 6:00 pm

popebosephus wrote:
The wife she is not down for MTS

Hey Pope have you went to some shops that have saltwater stuff. Thats what actually landed me my sw tank. I talked about it for a while and then left it alone. But everytime we went to petco, or to anywhere that had sw stuff i would go over and look. At first she was like this little star fish is cute. Then it was these fish are so colorful. Then it was well you can have a tank but any more and you have to get rid of one. So her just seeing how nice they looked really got her saying ohhhh and ahhhh. Worth a try. Ease her into it tho. My wife wasnt to fond of the.." get in the car we are going to look at fish" It was more like we need dog food come on. Then once there just take a "look"My wife was actually talking about eventually getting a bigger tank.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 6:02 pm

man I can have a tank that runs 12' long by 9' tall, but it can be no deeper than 18" from to back, and there can be only one. I can't sell her on MTS it just can't be done. Besides I don't want more than 1 tank.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 9:14 am

^^ dang dude youve been saying that whole 18" depth thing since....b4 you got the 29 lol!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 9:26 am

alkomist wrote:
^^ dang dude youve been saying that whole 18" depth thing since....b4 you got the 29 lol!

{{{{{{ Dude Christmas is over..... lol! your clam needs to loose the hat What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 393849
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 11:19 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 11:38 am

18" depth... hard fast rule in my house.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 1:24 pm

cwhip wrote:
alkomist wrote:

{{{{{{ Dude Christmas is over..... lol! your clam needs to loose the hat What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 393849

:) their ya go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a freaking dilemma   What a freaking dilemma - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a freaking dilemma
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2