UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

My first planted tank project 33% done

Go down 
+6
alan j t
hatman
mike205
Holey Rock of Texas
CajunGator
schmidtylv
10 posters
AuthorMessage
schmidtylv
Private First Class
Private First Class

My first planted tank project 33% done Empty
PostSubject: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 2:42 pm

My first planted tank....

Made some renovations to an existing stand I had made a few years ago. Added "uprights" so i could clip on the construction lights. Also, since I have a 3 year old running around and i am gonna set these three tanks up without tops, I propped the whole thing up on 6 cinder blocks (stacked 2 high).

here they are empty....
My first planted tank project 33% done Empty_11

My first planted tank project 33% done Empty_12

After i set up my first ever tank with live plants... got tannins but i kinda like the look

My first planted tank project 33% done Middle10

My first planted tank project 33% done Middle10

when i set up the next one i'm gonna boil the soil just to see the difference.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 2:43 pm

Good Start! keep sharing pics.... thanks!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 3:16 pm

Add some more plants and you will be surprised at how the plants well take off. Wow really nice looking set up.

This is a pic of my last 55 set up planted tank the day I set it up.

My first planted tank project 33% done Aquariummiscpainted053

Here it is 6 weeks later

My first planted tank project 33% done Endlers004

My first planted tank project 33% done Endlers006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 9:47 pm

Looking good so far!
Those tanks on the end aren't hanging off the stand are they?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 9:51 pm

yea. looking good.
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 9:53 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
hatman
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
hatman

Favorite Fish: : I don't have favorite a fish, but I really enjoy my Christmas Fulu's. Also my 125g community tank.

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 11:34 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 11:58 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 12:37 am

like the lights set-up inexpensive and attractive..tank position looks nice also at first thought it was one of those water fall tanks where on compartment leads to the next then to the next.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 8:12 am

I like the look! Kudos!

Good example of using DIY lights instead of the pricey aquarium lighting. Let me find another pic for another good example.....

Let's see if this works:

My first planted tank project 33% done Vanity11
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 10:27 pm

I kinda like that lighting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/21/2010, 11:11 am

DIY all the way! any updates?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime12/21/2010, 12:25 pm

I like the lights also.Looking good!Keep us updated! yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first planted tank project 33% done   My first planted tank project 33% done Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first planted tank project 33% done
Page 1 of 1