UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

guppies in a saltwater tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
barilleboy
Private
Private
barilleboy

Favorite Fish: : betta

guppies in a saltwater tank Empty
PostSubject: guppies in a saltwater tank   guppies in a saltwater tank Icon_minitime11/22/2010, 12:57 pm

a friend of mine gave me a few guppies the other day, and the only tank i had available was a 30g saltwater tank. i had heard that guppies could live in saltwater, so i plopped them in there to see what would happen, and they're suprisingly doing very well. it's really odd though to see them swimming around all of the live rock and my starfish. just thought i'd share incase anyone wondered if guppies could live in saltwater.
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: guppies in a saltwater tank   guppies in a saltwater tank Icon_minitime11/22/2010, 1:05 pm

cool ive heard of mollies and other live bearers can be in brackish water but never thought they could go all the way to saltwater
let us know if anything changes
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: guppies in a saltwater tank   guppies in a saltwater tank Icon_minitime11/22/2010, 1:13 pm

wow did not know about guppies...used mollies all the time to cycle salt tanks...they live for a good bit
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: guppies in a saltwater tank   guppies in a saltwater tank Icon_minitime11/22/2010, 1:50 pm

nice!
yea! theyl live and thrive in their! theyll even go as far as breeding and spawning in SW tanks!
but i have yet to hear of any fry making it!(in salt tanks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guppies in a saltwater tank   guppies in a saltwater tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

guppies in a saltwater tank
Page 1 of 1